Web Clipper can't capture web pages in offline mode!

Lovely Elephant

Idea

Hi

I have lots of web pages in my computer and like to send those pages in Evernote, but Web Clipper can't capture them and ask me to reload (it means I must be online and go to the site that those web pages belongs to and refresh again and then capture it by Web Clipper. That's wasting time and boring to choose one by one in Online mode and capture it, while I have all of them. Many of them I mention, are lessons about English language, and when they were published, they were free and after few days they were changed to Premium and now they aren't available for free to read and save, so how I can refresh them again? It's impossible and Web Clipper feature in this specific case is completely useless. Hope it works in Offline Mode in next version for all users, not only for Plus and Premium users.

Thanks

Masoud

4 replies to this idea

Hi

Mine is up to date and the latest version. can you save web pages that are store your device or computer? I don't have any problem with online pages and Web Clipper works well and save them correctly as I wish, but my problem is with the saved web pages in my PC and it doesn't capture them when I open them. I think Web Clipper and the app like it just work with online pages, not saved pages. As well I've tried Microsoft OneNote and It behaves like Web Clipper and can't capture saved pages, but it captures from Internet Explorer, not FireFox or Chrome.

• Level 5*

Chrome web clipper never could clip direct to the local copy of your account.  Firefox used to be able to do that,  but in the latest update that's no longer possible.  If you've saved a page to your computer and can see it in your browser while offline I'm actually not sure what would happen if you attempted to 'clip' it.  If it fails though can you 'print' the page to PDF?  If you save that file to your hard drive it's possible to attach it to a note...

On 12/28/2016 at 5:46 PM, gazumped said:

Chrome web clipper never could clip direct to the local copy of your account.  Firefox used to be able to do that,  but in the latest update that's no longer possible.  If you've saved a page to your computer and can see it in your browser while offline I'm actually not sure what would happen if you attempted to 'clip' it.  If it fails though can you 'print' the page to PDF?  If you save that file to your hard drive it's possible to attach it to a note...

As I said the saved pages (about 500 pages!) are English lessons and I need to study and repeat them regularly, especially when I go out, situations like at subway, bus, parks, on holidays.

I can’t always study and check them behind the computer, so need to have them in my phone and pocket to be on hand when my PC is not available.

Printing to PDF file is a good option in most of the time, but the result is not clean and exact to the original web pages completely as I see on the monitor screen and browser.

Sometimes a few items of pages will be changed a bit (see and compare two attached images) that I’m not satisfied with it much and like to have an exact clone of my favorite web page.

Those specific web pages that we discussed with, were saved with .html, .mhtml and .mht extensions; due to various browsers in PC. Chrome and Firefox browsers in my phone can’t open them at all or show them correctly and clean as I see them on the monitor/browser. (I think they have problem with .mthml and .mht extension mostly, not with .html). So attaching those saved pages as notes can’t respond to my problem and also don’t give me a preview image of each lesson that I pick to study and recognizing the lessons by their titles a bit difficult and can be distract my mind easily that is not I want to deal with.

I prefer to clip saved pages in Internet Explorer by OneNote and import them from Evernote. The result is not perfect and clean as Web Clipper gets it, but it’s acceptable and works for me.

Thank you

Evernote screenshot.jpg

PDF screenshot.jpg

Archived