"Moleskine captured"

macneilpi

Idea

I am a everyday user of EN. I have several note to archive and support my family lifestyle. I also use a Moleskine Evernote Smart Notebook for my job. So EN's ability to use different online notebooks, tags, etc, are perfect for how I use it. 

The post is to highlight two of my most important feature requests.

1. If I can search for my handwritten notes, I want to be able to copy and paste the text elsewhere. I understand that it wouldn't be perfect OCR all of the time, but this is the biggest 'missing piece' for me in Evernote. I keep so many Moleskine captured pages that not being able to copy the information is turning me away from spending the time and effort to capture it in the first place.

2. The ability to edit and tag Moleskine Notebook captures. When using the widget, or the quick launch for taking pictures directly into a new note, I am often frustrated with the ability to provide the note a title and tags before I have to save it. I launch the camera from a the widget or the quick launch 3D Touch option and once the image is captured, I can save or delete it. I can even add more pictures, but I cannot add a title to the note or tags until I have saved it, the reopened it to provide edits. Please develop an option here to rectifié the extra steps presently needed which at end to negate any "quick" aspect to the EN photo capture. I have my ideas on how to make this look, but I'd rather see a feature to support my request rather than wait for the perfect one.

Pete

I use Evernote on the following: iPhone 6S Plus and iPad Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, and a PC running Windows 7 (yes that is the work computer).

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, macneilpi said:

I want to be able to copy and paste the text elsewhere

You restricted this request to Moleskin, but it applies to all Evenote imports.
Evernote does an OCR process, but only for search processes
Currently, your only alternative is to use a third party product to OCR your document. 

I noticed you posted on the existing request for this.
Why do you think its a good idea to submit a duplicate request

Archived