Status of free version of Evernote?

slfiore

I am a retiree and have no need for the added capabilities of Evernote Premium, but I use the free version of Evernote extensively for recipes, quilting patterns, emergency information, household inventory, etc.  I'm not even close to maxing out on the available data in Evernote's free version, so have seen no reason to upgrade to Premium.  But I have a niggling concern that all the data I have stored in Evernote will someday disappear if I am not paying for it.  (This has happened with several apps I had used to catalog books and recordings.)  Evernote has such a large professional user base, I hope it can continue to offer the free version .  Nothing is permanent, but I would appreciate some assurance that my data is safe with Evernote.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, slfiore said:

But I have a niggling concern that all the data I have stored in Evernote will someday disappear if I am not paying for it.  (This has happened with several apps I had used to catalog books and recordings.)  Evernote has such a large professional user base, I hope it can continue to offer the free version .  Nothing is permanent, but I would appreciate some assurance that my data is safe with Evernote.

You will receive assurances, but to be completely safe I have a backup plan.

I export my data in html format to a cloud drive.  I can access my notes completely outside the Evernote environment.

Note: If you're using the Windows/Mac platforms, you have a complete copy of your data.  That won't disappear

Archived