Support Partial search for a tab when adding a tag to a note

Mark Aitken

Idea

Hi folks,

The different Evernote platforms (Windows, web clipper, iOS, Android, etc) work differently when we want to tag a note.Some allow you to type part of the tag to search, but some of the platforms need you to type the first characters exactly as they appear.

In my view, it would be great to have the same experience throughout.

I use tag nesting to keep things together and would love to be able to use partial searching for my tags regardless of the platform I'm using.

e.g. If I have a tag 'REFERENCE - receipts', I want to type in 'recei' and Evernote will find and offer this tag to me. This is how webclipper and the web-app behave, and I think iOS. Android, and the Windows app do not do this.

Is it possible to get all the platforms to support / allow partial tag typing & matching?

Mark.

4 replies to this idea

Hello Mark!,

Absolutely!  I am in the same situation as you.  I requested it about 3 years ago and still nothing.  I was about to ask it here again when I came accross your post.

I believe this should be something fairly simple to implement.  Perhaps this could be an option under "Tools/Option/Nagivation/tags related options"?

Hopefully we'll see it soon.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Peezer said:

Hello Mark!,

Absolutely!  I am in the same situation as you.  I requested it about 3 years ago and still nothing.  I was about to ask it here again when I came accross your post.

I believe this should be something fairly simple to implement.  Perhaps this could be an option under "Tools/Option/Nagivation/tags related options"?

Hopefully we'll see it soon.

Thanks

Glad you see this need too Peezer.

Can you vote up the idea so we can try to attract attention to it? I'll search for your post and vote it up too.

Ta.

Mark

I am also requesting attention to this feature.  Currently, the only platform I am aware of that doesn't provide "partial search" functionality when applying tags to notes is in Windows Desktop.  This reduced functionality compared to mobile and web apps detracts from my desire to use the Windows Desktop app.  Efficiency with the Evernote product across all platforms is also reduced because I inadvertently create redundant tags when applying tags in Windows Desktop.

These are the threads found in the feature request forum that seem to resonate with this topic:

Any chance mods can put more weight on one or more of the above threads since we seem to be discussing the same issue?

Thanks for listening.

Archived