Jump to content

Idea

I've been an Evernote user for a long time now (premium subscriber for more than 5 years) and after the last privacy "disaster" you have tried to implement, the only significant improvement I really would like to see really soon is a way of having seamless encryption of all our notes. I really don't feel comfortable with the possibility of employees snooping around my notes. Encryption (implemented right) is the only way to ensure this will not happen... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

7 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
37 minutes ago, Reinaldo said:

the only significant improvement I really would like to see really soon is a way of having seamless encryption of all our notes. I really don't feel comfortable with the possibility of employees snooping around my notes. Encryption (implemented right) is the only way to ensure this will not happen... 

Can you expand on the "implemented right"
I do encrypt my sensitive data, but the majority of my notes are submitted for the OCR and search features

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

There are numerous requests for more encryption capabilities in Evernote, including this one: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/66306-password-protected-notebooks/. If you have specific ideas, it would be good for you to post them there. 

Note that Evernote employees do not have carte blanche to go snooping around in your notes. They do so for specific reasons. Please review the privacy policy here: https://evernote.com/legal/privacy.php, specifically the section titled "Do Evernote Employees Access or Review My Notes?".

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
9 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Can you expand on the "implemented right"
I do encrypt my sensitive data, but the majority of my notes are submitted for the OCR and search features

 

Something similar to 1Password. Right now we can encrypt individual pdf files, for example, with third party software, but they will not be user searchable. I would like to see something that works seamless (no user intervention needed) and yet retain functionality...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 minutes ago, jefito said:

There are numerous requests for more encryption capabilities in Evernote, including this one: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/66306-password-protected-notebooks/. If you have specific ideas, it would be good for you to post them there. 

Note that Evernote employees do not have carte blanche to go snooping around in your notes. They do so for specific reasons. Please review the privacy policy here: https://evernote.com/legal/privacy.php, specifically the section titled "Do Evernote Employees Access or Review My Notes?".

 

 

Yes, I agree. There are numerous requests for more encryption (including the suggested post that I've already upvoted) but no encryption yet. They were moving in exactly the opposite direction before the users very negative feedback on the new "privacy" policy...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I would like to see device side encryption, along with search. I don't want my data accessible by Evernote employees for any reason.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
37 minutes ago, sriggins said:

I would like to see device side encryption, along with search. I don't want my data accessible by Evernote employees for any reason.

How about the other server side services - OCR for example

Also, you didn't identify your platform; I'm guessing it's not web

Personally, I use client side encryption via encrypted PDFs.  I also include unencrypted text notes to enable search 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, sriggins said:

I would like to see device side encryption, along with search. I don't want my data accessible by Evernote employees for any reason.

In today's world without zero knowledge encryption local notebooks on a desktop will accomplish this.  You lose sync to multiple devices and EN backups, but no one but you will be seeing the data on your machine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...