Greetings,

I've searched through the forums here and I'm still confused. And, I don't see the functionality in any windows version of the program.

Can I make ink notes directly into an Evernote note - or not?

Yes, I know i can import my OneNote notes, and that's close to fine. But I just want to open a note and start writing with the pen INSIDE the note.

I do not want to use the input bar at the bottom of the screen - on an 8 inch table this takes up way too much space. I don't need handwriting recognition - I just want to write a note using the pen.

TL;DR = is there an ability to write with ink inside a note, or not?

thank you very much.

• Ex Employees

Hi @Scora3. You can create an Ink Note with our Evernote for Windows Desktop by selecting File>New Note>New Ink Note.

image.png

If you do not see this option then you may be using our Web App, Evernote Web. Evernote Web does not have an ink note function.  You can download and install Evernote for Windows Desktop from https://evernote.com/download/.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Dave, Apparently it is not very helpful to use the word "Apparently" at the beginning of a sentence when you don't know what you're talking about. What you are suggesting doesn't work. Just curious, why post an answer if you don't know the answer? That is not helpful.

• Level 5

Well, and a cheery hello to you too! Exactly what in my post made you think that I didn't know what I was talking about? Below are two screenshots. In the first one I drew three shapes with the Shape function turned off. In the second one, with those sloppy shapes still present, I drew three more with Shape turned on. The difference is apparent. With the Shape function on, immediately after I draw a shape the software regularizes it as shown.

Evernote ink note 1.jpg

Evernote ink note 2.jpg

So the Evernote version I'm using (6.9.7.6770 (306770) Public (CE Build ce-1.39.4387)) does not do what it is supposed to do, that is, when the shape button is selected, the shapes I draw (circles, squares, triangles) do not regularize as suggested above. This is the case whether drawing using a mouse on my desktop or using a pen on my Note 4. Something is broken.  

• Level 5
3 hours ago, fchandler said:

So the Evernote version I'm using (6.9.7.6770 (306770) Public (CE Build ce-1.39.4387)) does not do what it is supposed to do, that is, when the shape button is selected, the shapes I draw (circles, squares, triangles) do not regularize as suggested above. This is the case whether drawing using a mouse on my desktop or using a pen on my Note 4. Something is broken.  

That I could well believe--every update is a downgrade in functionality with Evernote these days. So, @bacord, what version are you using? Mine appears in my signature.

• 11 months later...

How do you integrate handwriting with tables and pictures?

The ink note only allows handwriting and nothing else. You can't attach pictures, insert tables...

I want to insert the handwriting into a regular note.

My god this is so fundamental I cannot believe it is not possible.

Archived