dinamic888

Disable automatic login in Windows

Hello,

is it possible to disable automatic login in the Windows desktop application and to make Evernote to always ask for the password? When using shared Windows users it is not possible to control the access to the Evernote personal data if I have accessed before with my account.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.  Evernote > Tools > Options > General to disable loading at startup,  start Evernote when you need it,  and File > Exit when you leave your machine.

18 hours ago, dinamic888 said:

When using shared Windows users it is not possible to control the access to the Evernote personal data if I have accessed before with my account.

How about logging out of your account?

• Like 1

Thank you for your answers.

First answer, gazumped, doesn't work. Even if you use File >> Exit, when you open Evernote the last account you used is loaded.

The second answer, DTLow, actually works. I was wondering if it was possible to use the close icon and have the same effect, but it seems that Evernote doesn't have that option.

• Like 1

People have asked for a PIN LOCK style protection on Windows similar to what Android and iOS have, and that should meet your needs, but nothing in sight yet. Just an FYI though, if they can access your account, the Evernote database is not encrypted in any way, so they could just load your .exb file and read it, with all the messy formatting codes of course.

The way to truly protect your EN data on your PC (or Mac for that matter) is to create a VeraCrypt volume and move your database inside of that, then configure the volume to not automount at login.

• Like 1