facetime camera images reversed (mirror flipped)

Hello,

I have tried very hard to find a solution to this on my own, but I am new to evernote, and not having any luck at all. I have a macbook air 11". It is not the newest model, but probably the one before that. I just installed Evernote 6.10 on it. 

I am trying to snap a picture using the built in camera, of me holding a note... just a todo list written large with a sharpie. This is not a question about handwriting recognition... which would be nice, but really isn't needed for my current project. Basically I want to scribble down some notes on a piece of paper, show it to the camera, and be able to look it up by date later. 

It seems the image is mirror flipped. I understand this is sort of normal behavior for an apple webcam so it feels more natural when using facetime... but it is absolutely useless for what I am trying to do. I see I can rotate the image in evernote, but I cannot flip it so the text is readable. 

What am I missing?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having this problem.  I tried to use my mac to take a picture of a document.  I selected "new facetime camera note" and took the picture, but it's kinda useless to me because it shows up reversed - as if I'm looking at the document in a mirror.  Why?  While I suppose there are times when you want to take a video note, there must be more times when you want to snap a picture of a document, and it would be nice to use the build in camera without fussing about.  

I found that I could accomplish my goal by launching photobooth, making sure it's not set to mirror images (found under edit menu), then just snap the picture and share it to Evernote.  

• 11 months later...

Useless.  This is why I am no longer enamored with Evernote.  What is the point of touting a feature that is, well, useless. If we want to snap a photo of text, we should be able to read it without having to hold up a mirror, spin around three times and whisper, "Hagrid is my hero."

• 8 months later...

Archived