Why is support so poor?

dpeers

Why does evernote make the support process so convoluted for premium subscribers? The whole process seems designed to dis-incentivize support requests.

The fact that I need to log in to separate locations, fill out multiple forms, be repeatedly redirected, and scan huge amounts of junk information is, frankly, a joke. This could be done far better. There should be a button within the evernote interface, under the account section, to go directly to support. Instead there's a purposely misleading, convoluted mess to wade through. The process is designed to make Evernote's life easier, not the users. Not good enough.

Pick your act up guys.

• Level 5*

I agree. It is increasingly hard to even get to the support request form, and often involves logging in again even if I initiated from my online EN account.

Of course, then I have to wait for the second exchange since the first involves rebooting my PC, reinstalling Evernote, or seeing of the transmission fluid in my car has been changed recently. :D:mellow:

• Level 5
9 minutes ago, EdH said:

I agree. It is increasingly hard to even get to the support request form, and often involves logging in again even if I initiated from my online EN account.

Yes, surely it would be possible at least to revise that page to do a check for whether the user is already logged in.

I will say that I recently submitted an issue, once I finally got that page to work, and did get very prompt response from the support team.

We hear you. Reducing customer effort is a big focus for Evernote's support team in 2017. Getting our agents information faster, getting you up and running faster where there are issues, and making contacting us easier are all things we are constantly working to improve and have roadmapped improvements for in 2017. 

@Dave-in-Decatur: glad you got a fast response. We've spent a bunch of time honing ourselves to this point and are throwing out really solid reply times. It'll only get better from here. 

Archived