Introducing 'Templates' for Evernote Read more... ×
Notebook Limit Increase Read more... ×
kmae

Option to disable the message "You are leaving Evernote." on external links

Idea

Recently, the message "You are leaving Evernote. " is appeared when I access to an other website by a link on notes.  I don't think the message is necessary. It is just annoying. How do I be disable the message function?

• Like 6

I created an account here just to complain about this "feature".. it is as though some product manager at Evernote is gaming the "time on site" metric.  As Evernote keeps ignoring these issues & walls off their application they make me more keen for a replacement every day.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:17 AM, sillylogger said:

I created an account here just to complain about this "feature".. it is as though some product manager at Evernote is gaming the "time on site" metric.  As Evernote keeps ignoring these issues & walls off their application they make me more keen for a replacement every day.

I believe the recent Windows Beta now includes some more friendly (and optional) warnings about various account limits and actions.  While a 'simple' update to fix one message might seem a quick fix that is being willfully delayed,  Evernote apparently had a more detailed overhaul of the user interface in mind which took a little time to design,  test and release.  They're also making some detailed  changes to the web client (which could be good news or bad news!) but probably means it's not cost effective to change the old version at all - any new features will be in the new one...

+1, please remove this from the web version of Evernote

+1. Can't use Evernote until this is removed... not double-clicking on my notes all day long. Doesn't make any sense. 

14 hours ago, Brian Jackson said:

+1. Can't use Evernote until this is removed... not double-clicking on my notes all day long. Doesn't make any sense. 

The Windows client now includes "Evernote client asks once and remembers when you don't want to see a "note move" notification".  They're busy rewriting the entire web client - recently reissued as a Chrome-only Business version - so updates to the current web version(s) seem unlikely until that rewrite trickles down to the rest of the Evernote versions.