How to: Delete My Account?

Those steps no longer work.  Has EN removed the ability to delete our accounts?

After deleting all of my content and locating the "Deactivate Account" option, I found that there is no way to get a hold of EN to have them complete the account removal.  All of the "Contact Us" links on https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314088 are directing to:

Oops, we encountered an error.

Unexpected error.
Our server has experienced difficulties processing your request(/SupportLogin.action) 
You may need to Sign in to your account to access this page.

By hiding the option to completely remove all of our data -- or making it involve multiple steps and hoping that an EN employee will actually get around to the task -- tells me you truly are disinterested in my privacy and well-being.

I wish I'd never signed up.

I have been with Evernote since I joined your second public beta, and a premium subscriber for years now. You earned my trust, loyalty and revenue by making a great product and allowing me to trust you with my data. In one decision, you lost me for good. I give second chances to restaurants that ***** up my dinner, or dry cleaners who lose a shirt. I do not tolerate any act by an entity that willfully betrays the trust I give to those who hold my money, data, IP and business. I don't care if the USG forced your hand by national security letter, or if your international ambitions led you to forget those of us who made Evernote and pay you -- just because a billion person market might become available if you subvert your principles and destroy your otherwise good name, I do not trust your reversal, because it could reverse again with smarter leadership and sneaky methods, Good luck in China. My years and years of notes are gone, and my subs cancelled. You have failed on more levels than one entity should ever approach in a century. 

• Level 5*
On 2016-12-15 at 11:46 AM, nevernoot said:

That just tells us how to deactivate the account

The "optional" step to delete the data afterwards doesn't work - the link to contact them just leads to a generic help page

You asked how to delete your account.  

Deleting my notes doesn't seem like a complicated operation.  Make sure you empty the trash afterwards

• Level 5*
On 2016-12-16 at 2:13 AM, Jon Bates said:

I have been with Evernote since I joined your second public beta, and a premium subscriber for years now. You earned my trust, loyalty and revenue by making a great product and allowing me to trust you with my data. In one decision, you lost me for good.

Can we not keep the whining posts to the discussion below

Archived