Evernote for Windows is slow and unresponsive

I've been having this problem for ages, and it still occurs. After contacting EN multiple times, still no fix. I've done reinstalls, database fixes, etc. However, still no fix. I get this when editing content of notes, searching, adding tags and switching notebooks.

EN support told me that it uses 32 bit to archive, etc, but this really needs to be fixed. I find it very hard to use EN when it constantly lags, does not respond, and etc.

Very disappointing from Evernote, I have to admit.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Can you quantify this slowness?  I use Evernote daily on a Win 10 64-bit system with a 1TB conventional HD and while it inconveniently freezes for some seconds at odd moments,  it's far from unusably slow.  I'd like it to be faster - just tried a random search on 22,000-ish notes and got 187 hits in 8.5 seconds - but that's not unusable,  or even inconvenient;  it's just not 'instant'.

• Level 5*

I just did a search on random search and got 104 hits out of 31,000 notes in pretty much real time.  Win10 with a 256MB SSD and a 4 year old laptop.  Not discounting that speed issues exist, there have been enough reported across time.  I fixed lags with the SSD for sure.  Hopefully EN can make some application mods to speed things up as well.

It would be helpful to know a bit about your setup: CPU, RAM, HDD/SSD, and database size. I experienced the symptoms that you describe on a system with a 2nd gen. Core i5 CPU, 4 GB RAM, SATA III HDD, and 3 GB database; since having it replaced with a 6th gen. Core i5 CPU, 8 GB RAM, and SATA III HDD, I experience only occasional, minor lags.

I have no issues on another system with a 4th gen. Core i5 CPU, 8 GB RAM, and SATA III SSD.

On 06/12/2016 at 0:34 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Can you quantify this slowness?  I use Evernote daily on a Win 10 64-bit system with a 1TB conventional HD and while it inconveniently freezes for some seconds at odd moments,  it's far from unusably slow.  I'd like it to be faster - just tried a random search on 22,000-ish notes and got 187 hits in 8.5 seconds - but that's not unusable,  or even inconvenient;  it's just not 'instant'.

Pretty unusable. Not responsive for four or five minutes when searching, or even sometimes when making a note.

On 08/12/2016 at 4:57 AM, Enertse said:

It would be helpful to know a bit about your setup: CPU, RAM, HDD/SSD, and database size. I experienced the symptoms that you describe on a system with a 2nd gen. Core i5 CPU, 4 GB RAM, SATA III HDD, and 3 GB database; since having it replaced with a 6th gen. Core i5 CPU, 8 GB RAM, and SATA III HDD, I experience only occasional, minor lags.

I have no issues on another system with a 4th gen. Core i5 CPU, 8 GB RAM, and SATA III SSD.

Core i3, 6 GB ram, and no idea about the HDD. ~15 GB database (10,000 notes).

Archived