Wanting to purchase an android watch

I have been looking all across the web to see if the Evernote app for android wear supports creating new quick notes. 

I have been using The Secret Weapon in conjunction with Evernote for over a year now and I am always looking for the absolute fastest way to add notes to my inbox. When ideas are hitting me thick and fast, pulling my phone out of my pocket, unlocking it and pressing quick note is inconvenient. while it is a lot faster than using a note pad like I used to I want to make it even more efficient. 

I want to be able to add a quick note directly from android watch. this would be THE ONLY reason I would buy a watch. 

Can someone tell me if this is possible? All I have seen on sites that review the app is the ability to work through checklists, and add new items to checklists. I am interested in how this actually works, as i like 1 note per idea/to do. I don't like several checkboxes getting caught up in one note, as each item could have different priorities and contexts. 

All in all, I just want to know if I can make a quick, stand alone note on android wear, that goes to my default notebook in Evernote. 

• Level 5

Wow, that's a good one. I'm sorry that I have no idea, really, but I wonder if you could say a little more about the scenario you envision. Would you be typing on the watch? (Is that possible?) Or doing speech-to-text input? In a quick look around, I saw that some Android Wear devices can send e-mails through speech-to-text (maybe starting with "OK Google"?). In that case, you should be able to send an e-mail to your Evernote address that would create a note in your default notebook. The following article speaks of forwarding e-mails to Evernote, but the same basic procedure is used to create a note from scratch using e-mail: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005347.

Hello @Brycegordon,

This is a great question. Since the Evernote application on Android has the Android Wear option baked in now, you will be able to add a quick note by saying "OK Google...Take a Note". After completing the note it will ask you where you want to save this note when you next access your phone. From there you can select Evernote. This works on most current gen Android Wear watches I have messed with (Moto 360 2ndGen and ZenWatch 2).

On 07/12/2016 at 2:09 AM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Wow, that's a good one. I'm sorry that I have no idea, really, but I wonder if you could say a little more about the scenario you envision. Would you be typing on the watch? (Is that possible?) Or doing speech-to-text input? In a quick look around, I saw that some Android Wear devices can send e-mails through speech-to-text (maybe starting with "OK Google"?). In that case, you should be able to send an e-mail to your Evernote address that would create a note in your default notebook. The following article speaks of forwarding e-mails to Evernote, but the same basic procedure is used to create a note from scratch using e-mail: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005347.

I would be looking for speech to text input most likely. And sending an email to the notebook sounds like a great idea. if i can say - Okay google, send email to "My Evernote" (thats what the email address is saved under in my contact list) then say the quick note, that might be the way to go. I am going to have to get a watch to experiment.

5 hours ago, Matt W. said:

Hello @Brycegordon,

This is a great question. Since the Evernote application on Android has the Android Wear option baked in now, you will be able to add a quick note by saying "OK Google...Take a Note". After completing the note it will ask you where you want to save this note when you next access your phone. From there you can select Evernote. This works on most current gen Android Wear watches I have messed with (Moto 360 2ndGen and ZenWatch 2).

This sounds good also. Ill try both methods when i get the watch and see which one suits best.

The ultimate however, is having a simple quick note button (like the one you can find on an android phone widget) and then you can use the watch face swipe text input to make a note. 

2 buttons -> bang, note saved. that's what I want.

You should create an Evernote watch where you have a simple button on the side of the watch that you hold in and then you can dictate a note. The note is then saved in the default notebook as voice to text with the audio file also attached to the note. I would pay ridiculous money for something like that.

Anyway thanks for the help Dave and Matt. I will buy a watch and let you know how it goes. 

• Level 5

@Matt W., thanks for the much better info! Truly cool, although using voice is somewhat lacking in, ahem, privacy.

@Brycegordon, hope you get this working. But, please don't suggest they make an Evernote watch (cool as your idea sounds)! :) In recent years they've marketed all kinds of gear that many users have felt distracted the company from its core mission.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

"Okay, Google... Take a note" on my smartwatch worked for a few notes.

Not working any more the next day.

I wonder how to re-set the note taking app on Wear?

Moreover: The Evernote Wear app seems to be from 2014 - not working on my watch - keeps terminating each time I click on the list of current notes.

Anybody know of plans to update the Wear app?

Archived