Has EN updated their PDF handling on iOS at all?  I'm trying premium this year to see how it works for me.  Since I like using Notability so well for my meeting notes, I created a workflow to append a meeting notes EN note with the PDFs that I export it.  I can see my notes inline on PC, but iOS still just shows the attachments when I view on my iPad.

If EN doesn't have native support, has anyone figured out any nifty work-arounds? for something similar?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, bigtruck1369 said:

Has EN updated their PDF handling on iOS at all?  I'm trying premium this year to see how it works for me.  Since I like using Notability so well for my meeting notes, I created a workflow to append a meeting notes EN note with the PDFs that I export it.  I can see my notes inline on PC, but iOS still just shows the attachments when I view on my iPad.

If EN doesn't have native support, has anyone figured out any nifty work-arounds? for something similar?

No, Evernote IOS doesn't have an "inline" pdf viewer.  It does have a pdf viewer which launches in a new window.  Or I can "open in" another application, like Acrobat 

I also like the Notability app.  When finished updating a note, I export in pdf format and store it as an attachment in Evernote

13 minutes ago, DTLow said:

No, Evernote IOS doesn't have an "inline" pdf viewer.  It does have a pdf viewer which launches in a new window.  Or I can "open in" another application, like Acrobat 

I also like the Notability app.  When finished updating a note, I export in pdf format and store it as an attachment in Evernote

Thanks, that's what I was expecting.

This is a bummer, I'm not sure if Evernote is going to work for me...  How do you review your notes if you can't scroll through them inline?  Does EN search the contents of attached PDFs?

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, bigtruck1369 said:

How do you review your notes if you can't scroll through them inline?  

I can manage without the inline view in IOS
Actually, I have this turned off for most pdfs on my Mac
The pdf is backup; the important content is stored in the Title, or note text

>>Does EN search the contents of attached PDFs?

This is a premium feature, although users have reported that search works at all account levels for ocr'd pdfs

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, bigtruck1369 said:

Does EN search the contents of attached PDFs?

Yes, any OCRd PDF will be searched, whether you OCR it yourself or if EN does it (premium).

• 3 months later...
On 2.12.2016 at 8:38 PM, DTLow said:

No, Evernote IOS doesn't have an "inline" pdf viewer.  

Indeed this is a major disavantage on Evernote...still :-(

When browsing through the notes in Evernote 8.0 a preview of the PDFs (thumbnail) is shown so it should be more than consequent to give us at least the choice (like in the desktp version) wether to show PDF inline or as an attachment. Opening it seperately is not streamlined, sorry...

Any chance to get this happening?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Matze B. said:

Any chance to get this happening?

The first step would be to post a request at https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/215-ios-product-feedback/?do=add

I could be wrong, but I had assumed this was a limitation of the IOS environment.  As I mentioned, it's not a big issue for me.  If I needed something inline, I could store in an image format

It's on Android, too :-( So not an iOS issue...

Storing files as an image isn't for me - you can't scale things and if I want to migrate to other platforms or simply export files PDF is way superior.. 

On 3/22/2017 at 8:28 AM, DTLow said:

The first step would be to post a request at https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/215-ios-product-feedback/?do=add

I could be wrong, but I had assumed this was a limitation of the IOS environment.  As I mentioned, it's not a big issue for me.  If I needed something inline, I could store in an image format

I don't think that it is, OneNote does allow users to display their attached PDFs on iOS, just like it does on the desktop.

1 hour ago, Matze B. said:

It's on Android, too :-( So not an iOS issue...

Storing files as an image isn't for me - you can't scale things and if I want to migrate to other platforms or simply export files PDF is way superior.. 

I don't want the attached file to be converted into an image, I would just like the PDFs to be attached AND displayed like they do in OneNote.

I'd use OneNote, but Evernote has much better features overall.

Archived