Moving notes

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, lmrapp said:

By accident, I have two notebooks with similar content - say "Social Security Medicare" and "Medicare".  Is there a way to move all content to one notebook and delete the other?  Thank you.

Select all the notes you want to moveScreen Shot 2016-12-01 at 7.56.35 AM.png

You will then see the Mass Action box where you can perform actions on all the notes like Move to Notebook

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, lmrapp said:

How do I select all notes that I want to move?  Thank you.

Click on the note at the top, that selects one note
Shift-Click on the note at the bottom, that selects all the notes in between

You can also select one by one by using command-click

You can also filter on the Notebook and use Edit > Select All

1 other thing.  I have two notebooks named "Government" and "!Government".  I added the "!" to make it come first.  Neither notebook has anything but both have many subsidiary notebooks.  How do I make one of them?  Thanks.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, lmrapp said:

1 other thing.  I have two notebooks named "Government" and "!Government".  I added the "!" to make it come first.  Neither notebook has anything but both have many subsidiary notebooks.  How do I make one of them?  Thanks.

I'm not a big notebook user (tag person)
Moving Notebooks between Stacks is done on the Notebook page, and can't be done in bulk, you have to move each notebook individually

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, lmrapp said:

Then it sounds like I can move each notebook separately from one notebook to the other - is that right?  I can move whole notebooks not the individual notes? Thanks.

Yes, you can move Notebooks between Notebook Stacks, instead of moving individual notes

Archived