Notes shared by email are filtered as spam by Gmail, major web services

Notes shared by email are filtered as spam by Gmail and major web services. 

This renders sharing virtually useless for me unless I cut and paste. I realize I can set a filter on my own email to avoid this, but not the many clients and colleagues with whom I wish to share.

Is there any solution to this?

• Level 5*

I use Gmail,  and beyond having to check the receiver's spam mailbox for 'lost' mails,  Evernote's share notifications aren't causing any special problems AFAIK.  If there is an ISP that filters out emails,  then sharing a public link by 'normal' email should solve individual issues...

This is the problem. Emails I share by the "Send Email" feature are filtered by spam in a majority of recipients' email systems, including many Gmail. I can't be calling around to dozens of clients and asking them to check their Spam folders.

• Level 5*

It's a common problem - every website and mailing list I join,  there's a caveat regarding the activation email.  "Be sure to whitelist our domain <thislist@someplace.com>,  or check your spam folder for our activation email..."

If there is no coherent solution, I'd rather the "Email" feature open my default email app with the contents of the note pasted in -- this is what Wunderlist does. Google Keep shared notes don't go to Spam at all. Either way, this is an app whose user base is a lot of contractors sharing information and I can't just have 50+% of my correspondence landing in spam folders.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jbrevernote said:

Notes shared by email are filtered as spam by Gmail and major web services. 

This renders sharing virtually useless for me unless I cut and paste. I realize I can set a filter on my own email to avoid this, but not the many clients and colleagues with whom I wish to share.

Is there any solution to this?

I can send the note to myself, and then forward it to people

Of course copy/paste into my own email program also works

• Level 5
8 hours ago, DTLow said:

I can send the note to myself, and then forward it to people

Of course copy/paste into my own email program also works

If, of course, your own e-mail doesn't filter out the note. Having it go to Spam is bad enough. As discussed in this thread, AOL and Comcast may simply reject or even throw away the e-mails altogether, before they even hit the spam filter.

I'm beginning to think that there is something "spammy" about the way Evernote is formatting the e-mails, perhaps in the To or From fields. Why should Gmail automatically think they're spam (this was my experience too), and other services reject them entirely? Don't know if it's a "bug" exactly, but maybe something that is not best practice, or maybe even acceptable practice.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jbrevernote said:

switch to opening the user's default email

Did you mean Evernote should use your sign-on details for your ISP or email provider to gain access to your outgoing email client to send notes that way?  Or were you proposing that they spoof your email address as sender but use their server?  And should this apply to mobiles only or desktops too?  I don't think any option is going to please all users and none of them are that easy to implement.  Changes might be in the pipeline,  but as usual with Evernote we'll have to wait and see...

Archived