Jump to content
PValk

Hand written notes integration

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I use Skype with video a lot, and when I want to take notes during a meeting it is easy to write with my right hand on a piece of paper without looking like I am distracted.

Now I am starting to use Evernote more and more. What is a good way to get handwritten notes directly into a Note? Using a iPad with Penultimate seems overkill (plus I am a Windows and Android user). Perhaps something I can add to my PC and laptop via a USB port? However, when I start a new note on Evernote on my PC, I don't even see the option for any handwriting input. So is it even possible?

Anybody has an elegant solution for this?

TIA

Patrick

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, PValk said:

However, when I start a new note on Evernote on my PC, I don't even see the option for any handwriting input. So is it even possible?

AFAIK, Evernote does NOT support creating handwritten notes in any of their apps/platforms.

However, you could do one of these:

  • Scan handwritten notes on paper to Evernote 
  • Use another app to capture your electronic handwritten notes, then attach those to an EN Note.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, PValk said:

I use Skype with video a lot, and when I want to take notes during a meeting it is easy to write with my right hand on a piece of paper without looking like I am distracted.

Now I am starting to use Evernote more and more. What is a good way to get handwritten notes directly into a Note? Using a iPad with Penultimate seems overkill (plus I am a Windows and Android user). Perhaps something I can add to my PC and laptop via a USB port? However, when I start a new note on Evernote on my PC, I don't even see the option for any handwriting input. So is it even possible?

Anybody has an elegant solution for this?

I use a Mac, but I don't see either desktop platform as a handwriting tool
Possibly you could add a digital pad to the side, but that seems overkill

I see no problem with using the paper and then scanning afterwards; I use my phone/ipad camera

For digital note taking, I use my ipad
Evernote actually has a drawing/handwriting feature, but I prefer to use the Notability app

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the responses so far. Very odd that a program such as Evernote doesn't allow for handwritten notes. Also for people who draw/sketch, how do they use EverNote? Scanning is okay but a bit of a pain. When the meeting is over, I want to move on. Scanning also doesn't allow for quickly erasing or editing of what I wrote/sketched.

Perhaps I can use OneNote for real note taking and create a Zapier zap to make it available in EverNote. 

Anybody any other ideas/suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
On 2016-11-30 at 9:42 AM, PValk said:

Also for people who draw/sketch, how do they use EverNote?

You do understand Evernote is a "note" app - it's even part of the name

For drawing/sketching, I use the Procreate app on my iPad 
Its a more appropriate app and a more appropriate device

Sketching is also the reason I use the Notability app for serious note taking
It easily allows the insertion of quick sketches

>>Scanning also doesn't allow for quickly erasing or editing of what I wrote/sketched.

Good point.  I also convert my notes to pdf, and that's also fixed.  
There is an annotation feature, but it's very basic
I keep my notes in their native format (whatever app I'm using) and then convert to pdf when I'm finished

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You do understand Evernote is a "note" app - it's even part of the name

For drawing/sketching, I use the Procreate app on my iPad 
Its a more appropriate app and a more appropriate device

I am not understanding your statement. Are you saying that notes are not supposed include drawings or sketches and therefore EverNote doesn't support it? Most of my 'notes' include written words, arrows, sketches on how things work, etc... I am not a designer at all, but I do use more than letters.

In any case, for those who like windows or android, is there anything I can use? The Note 7 has gone up in flames. My Note 2 is too slow. So a digital pad and OneNote (which does have the ability and same use of the word Note ;-) would be the way to go? I prefer not. I prefer to stay with one program but if EverNote doesn't support my type of notes... :-/

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, PValk said:

I am not understanding your statement. Are you saying that notes are not supposed include drawings or sketches and therefore EverNote doesn't support it? Most of my 'notes' include written words, arrows, sketches on how things work, etc... I am not a designer at all, but I do use more than letters.

I'm saying for the most part, the Windows/Mac devices are not great for drawing/sketching; maybe if they have a touchscreen (Surface?)
Thats why I use my iPad.

I'm also saying although Evernote/iPad has a drawing/sketching feature, I prefer other apps (Notability)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...