Looking For A Solution For An Online Training Guide

Jon/t

HI.... What's the best way to do this?

I have an online training guide that I provide to all my clients and its a bit of a PITA. Each customer needs a user name and password and its a pain to update.

Perfect scenario would be to provide a shared public link to a stack but I can't seem to do that.

I have 5 main topics that all contain multiple subjects with many articles.

In the stack scenario It would be to nice to share a main stack, "The Guide" which contains all topics, "The Notebooks" which contains all the training material, "The Notes".

I pay for Plus at the moment and don't mind upgrading to Premium or Business (just one user?) if it can work.

The goal is no user name and password or login for the customer, one link to give to them and if its all in Evernote I can update the damn thing easier ;)

Love to know if anyone is using EN in this way or have any suggestions.

Cheers 

Jon

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

The goal is no user name and password or login for the customer, one link to give to them and if its all in Evernote I can update the damn thing easier ;)

Love to know if anyone is using EN in this way or have any suggestions.

How about using note public links (url) and the notes are viewed in a browser
Any links in the notes also use public links

No stack or notebooks, but use a Table of Content note
All notes have a link back to the TOC note

@DTLow Thanks... I've done some testing with public links and this works well. The only issue is having to share 5 links to 5 notebooks instead of one link.

I will try the TOC note idea.... do you know if TOC auto updates when new notes are added?

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Jon/t said:

@DTLowI will try the TOC note idea.... do you know if TOC auto updates when new notes are added?

No, the TOC of public links does not update when new notes are added

That is the downside over sharing a notebook.
Its strictly a manual workflow
I wouldn't want to do it for a dynamic subject, but I'd think a training guide would be static

Yes. Pretty static so not too much trouble updating... just trying to make the management of the guide as easy as possible. I don't want to transfer all the information over only for it to be a PITA to update ;)

Do you know if the business version of EN offers sharing of stacks or something similar that would do the same job?

Currently, Evernote Business does not allow you to share stacks. The reason, from what I have read, is that stacks are intended for individuals to organize their notebooks in a way that makes the most sense to them. I think it would be great to have a feature that performs this function. Even if its not a stack but a library of sorts in addition to your personal stacks.

@TiffanyG thanks for the info... I'm beginning to think that EN is not really designed for this type of use.

Also found out the video and audio doesn't play in the notes, you have to download then and then play.... A bit old fashioned ;)

Thanks again... I shall keep searching for a solution.

@Jon/t When you say audio doesn't play in the notes, are you referring to audio from another source? I often record audio notes in Evernote and I am able to play back within the note (I use this a lot at meetings when I need to transcribe minutes). This may be obvious but just wanted to clarify.

@TiffanyG Thanks..... just voted but it doesn't look like its a popular feature for most EN users...... the audio is prerecorded so gets uploaded as a file.

In OneNote when you through audio at it a little play button appears so the person who its shared with doesn't have to download to play.

I'm thinking that OneNote maybe a better solution for an education use & MS seem to be having a big push with it into schools.

Thanks for your help.

Archived