Taking notes with cropped screenshots on iOS efficiently?

I want to make notes about papers, while reading them on iOS, i.e.

1. Write some words about it
  2. Insert screenshots of equations, paragraphs, ... into a note.

Currently, this seems a bit awkward.

1. Working with PDFs that are stored inside evernote is out, as it isn't possible to open a PDF and a note at the same time, or to switch from a PDF to a note, and return to the PDF at the same page again.
  2. When using external apps for viewing and annotating the PDF, these annotations are not transferred into the PDF in evernote, if any.
  3. Using Documents for Readdle as external PDF app in split-screen (see attached screenshot), I can take written notes easily, but inserting a cropped screen-shot without leaving junk-data in the foto-stream takes many steps.
    1. Making a screenshot with [Power-Button] + [Home-Button]. 
    2. Click the Camera Icon
    3. Select "Saved Foto" option
    4. Select the photo in the thumbnail list (sometimes requires scrolling down first)
    5. Click the photo
    6. Click the "annote" button 
    7. Click the "⋯" button
    8. Select "Crop"
    9. Select the wanted area
    10. Click "Crop Image"
    11. Click "Save"
    12. Click "Done"
    13. Open the Photos app
    14. Navigate to the Screenshot
    15. Select the Screenshot
    16. Delete it

Not much of a problem on PC**, but on a touch-screen that is a pretty disruptive process. 
(** This is fast with mouse and desktop programs, and with PrintScreen for taking screenshots to the Clipboard half the steps can be skipped.)

Is there any possibility to simplify that workflow?

IMG_0693.PNG

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Klaus said:

I want to make notes about papers, while reading them on iOS, i.e.

1. Write some words about it
  2. Insert screenshots of equations, paragraphs, ... into a note.

It depends on your hardware
I'm using an iPad Pro and can have two windows open

I also use a third party product Workflow to make the workflow less disruptive

• Level 5*
On 11/28/2016 at 9:24 AM, Klaus said:

Is there any possibility to simplify that workflow?

I doubt it, given the restrictions of the iOS, and the limitations of most apps (like Evernote) on an iOS device.

I suspect you don't want to hear this, but the best solution is to use a  Mac.  A MacBook Air is about the same form factor as an iPad, and doesn't cost much more than a high-end iPad, especially an iPad Pro.  It is exactly these type of workflow limitations, and app capability limitations, that drove me from trying to use an iPad to my first MacBook Air, a MBA-11.

Evernote iOS has severe limitations compared with EN Mac.  It would be very easy to accomplish your workflow objectives on a Mac.

In spite of the "Share" button in iOS, apparently Apple doesn't really want to allow us to truly share documents/files on the iOS.  The "Share" button is really just a COPY button.

Sorry I can't offer a better, direct solution or workaround for you.

Archived