(Archived) How can I undelete deleted notes and icons?

Cahier

Idea

Someone was playing with my iPhone (showing me the fact that the menu that pops up from the bottom of the screen in Evernote for iPhone doesn't quite work - the 'Cancel' and 'Delete' buttons need to be tapped slightly above where they are.

He tapped - as he thought - the 'Cancel' button, and hit 'Delete', and a note disappeared.

I've looked online for help on how to undelete notes - and while there are assurances that you can remove items from the trash, there aren't any instructions (that I could find) on *how* to do it.

One said "I right-clicked on the Trash", and I thought "Aha, that must be it". So I went to my Mac and ctrl-clicked (the Mac equivalent of right-clicking) the Trash icon, and sure enough there was a 'Remove item' on the list that dropped down.

I clicked it - and the Trash icon disappeared.

And there's nothing (that I could find) in the Preferences or anywhere to say how to get this back.

So now I have no Trash icon, and haven't got my note either.

How *do* you undelete notes? And how do I get the Trash icon back?

8 replies to this idea

The buttons on the top of your Mac client are the "toolbar". These are things that you click on to perform actions. You removed the "Delete" icon from the toolbar, and you can get it back by right-clicking on a blank part of the toolbar and then use "Customize Toolbar..." to reconfigure your preferred buttons.

The "Trash" that you are looking for is on the left side of the client, below your Notebooks, Tags, and Saved Searches. Click on that to see the notes that are in the Trash.

post-8171-131906066382_thumb.png

As of today, the client looks completely different, and there is no trash there.

Yes, that is correct. Did you have a question?

The implicit question was as to how one now undeletes.  I figured out that there's a "notebooks" tab on the left that brings up a screen with a folder labeled with a trashcan icon, which contains deleted items that can be restored.

• Level 5

The implicit question was as to how one now undeletes.  I figured out that there's a "notebooks" tab on the left that brings up a screen with a folder labeled with a trashcan icon, which contains deleted items that can be restored.

Sorry, I'm not very good at reading between the lines.

If you find that you frequently need to undelete things, it is possible to drag the Trash into the Shortcuts section of the sidebar.

Archived