Windows 10 location support is ESSENTIAL

BenjyDC

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, BenjyDC said:

Can you add more details to this request - Location Support is Essential
What kind of support do you want?

You posted a screenshot of a note that actually had Location specified, translated to  an address.

Notes created on my Mac, have blank locations; I have to add the entry manually.
Notes created on my iPad (with wifi/gps) specify a location in Lat/Long

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Can you add more details to this request - Location Support is Essential
What kind of support do you want?

You posted a screenshot of a note that actually had Location specified, translated to  an address.

Notes created on my Mac, have blank locations; I have to add the entry manually.
Notes created on my iPad (with wifi/gps) specify a location in Lat/Log

The location was entered manually using the coordinates generated by Google Maps.  Curiously, it doesn't reference an address, and references "Kings County", which for those not from New York, is Brooklyn.   Kings County hasn't been a real legal entity in well over a century.  Its only relevance is the court system still revolves around the old county names.   Whatever service they use to check these coordinates is a wonky one.   

My iphone always defaults to the correct location.   

Windows 8 and Windows 10 have built in location functionality.  Other applications are able to use it just fine, I don't see any reason why Evernote shouldn't be any different.  It's just such a very helpful feature, and one would think it is very easy to implement.  

• Level 5*

Got it - you want Windows to assign the location when you create a note

Do you  a location services privacy setting in Windows.
I have this on my Mac, and it has to be enabled for Evernote 

19 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Got it - you want Windows to assign the location when you create a note

Do you  a location services privacy setting in Windows.
I have this on my Mac, and it has to be enabled for Evernote 

evernote doesn't appear designed to use the feature, as it is not in the list of location enabled applications.  

Hi,

Now in august 2017, with my Evernote 6.6.4.5512 I still have a similar issue. The location is not automatically set in a note created on Windows 10. It works on my iPhone.

I have enabled the location function in Windows.

Any idea ?

Can Evernote please indicate when setting the location in a note is going to be implemented on Windows 10?

For those waiting on the same issue: my workaround is to create a bunch of empty notes in my iPhone and then work on then on my laptop.

Best, Fokke

Archived