Hevyman

Evernote ScanSnap Blinking Orange Light with USB

Idea

Hello there... I have been using my ScanSnap scanner for a year or 2 with no issues. I use it connected via USB to my early 2015 MacBook Pro using El Capitan.10.11.6. Today I have an orange blinking light on the scanner. I uninstalled the driver...restarted...unplugged the cable...hard reset...used different USB port and still nothing. It starts green and changes to orange and blinking. I checked the Evernote and Fujitsu troubleshooting and they all say the orange light has to do with wireless. I'm not using the wireless feature. I have it plugged in directly. I haven't done any updates and it was working 2 days ago. Any ideas?

7 replies to this idea

Hi, did you resolve this issue?  I have the exact same problem. 

On 1/23/2017 at 11:09 PM, niknik182 said:

Hi, did you resolve this issue?  I have the exact same problem. 

Nope. Evernote and Fujitsu were zero help even though the scanner has Evernote emblazened across the front and the software says Evernote in the splash screen. Unlike most online retailers Evernote will not and does not stand behind items they sell...so bottom line is buyer beware. I had to uninstall several times before it started working again without rhyme or reason. My recommendation is to do a complete uninstall and delete the files...reboot...then reinstall.

On 11/25/2016 at 1:52 PM, DTLow said:

You might get a better response posting at Fujitsu Scansnap

This specific forum isn't really active.

they were no help either.

From the manual:

If the Wi‐Fi lamp is lighting in orange, the wireless access point and ScanSnap iX500 are not connected properly.    

Check the following items: 
    ⁃    Make the distance shorter between the ScanSnap iX500 and the wireless access point. 
    ⁃    Change an angle of ScanSnap iX500. 
    ⁃    If there are any obstacles (wall, metal plate, etc.) and/or noise sources (Microwave, cordless telephone, wireless devices, etc.) between ScanSnap iX500 and the wireless access point, avoid or remove them. 
    ⁃    Connect ScanSnap iX500 to a computer via USB, and either perform a wireless setting using the ScanSnap Wireless Setup Tool, or follow the direction of the wireless diagnosis result. 
    ⁃    Close the ADF paper chute (cover) of ScanSnap iX500 to turn it off. Then, turn the ScanSnap iX500 on again.
    ⁃    Turn on/off the wireless access point to reset it.
    ⁃    Check the network setting of the mobile device. If the ScanSnap iX500 is not connected to the same network as the mobile device, connect the ScanSnap iX500 to the network that the mobile device is connected to. 
    ⁃    If there are multiple wireless access points, make sure that the ScanSnap iX500 and the mobile device are connected to the same wireless access router. 

How to check SSID setting in the mobile device:
    ⁃    Launch ScanSnap Connect Application in your mobile device. Tap the [Network] icon under the [File List] screen. Check SSID. If an SSID is not the one you would like to connect, exit the setting once. Then, connect the network you would like to connect from [Wi‐Fi] under the [Settings] of the mobile device.

On 11/25/2016 at 1:52 PM, DTLow said:

You might get a better response posting at Fujitsu Scansnap

This specific forum isn't really active.

I don't have it connected via Wi-Fi. I use a USB cable.

I started having the dreaded flashing yellow light yesterday and could not use my scanner.  I called scansnap and it ended up being the  USB3 cable that came with the printer (or possibly the apple usb2-usb3 dongle that i need to use to attache to my new(ish) macbook pro.  i switched out the usb3 cord that came with the scanner with a standard printer usb2 to usb3 cord and life was good again.  the technician said it could have been software issue too because i had not been shutting off my scanner by closing the cover before disconnecting the usb cord from my MacBook pro.....who knows, but it is working now.  phew.