Camera attachment BRICKS devices

Annoyed User

After 2 or more years of using the paid version of this app, I cancelled my subscription.

Why? Because the app causes errors across my devices, I load to capture a document that I need for my business, the first shot sometimes works... But by the second shot.... My phone is in boot loader, repeat boot loader, the phone could have 100% battery and still not restart, if you have less than 50% battery then you dare not use the app as it my phone needs a PC connection to be restored/ restarted.

So is it your device? NO... My poor phone has undergone testing and flashing on numerous occasions, I swapped to iphone... same problem, iPad... Same problem, LG latest phone... Same problem, latest Microsoft... Same problem, brand new tablet with only Evernote installed... Same problem.

This app has something seriously wrong with the code, I am very disappointed that the time has come to purge Evernote from all my systems, recall all devices within the business, flash them and find an alternative for our business needs.

Since I ended my subscription I find that Evernote does not offer Support to FREE customers, they didn't pay attention to any of my correspondence while I was a member and this is a shame.  2 Years ago I was immensely satisfied with all its great features, which I'm going to miss... But like the rest of the world, I need my devices and apps working correctly.

If someone can suggest an alternative vendor that has customer support, I am looking to be able to scan a document and view it across the business, possibly something compatible with Dropbox.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry for your experience,  but with the number of active Evernote users on iOS you would have thought that some fundamental error in code would have come to light.  I'm not one of them however,  so can't offer any tech suggestions - except that your problem really has two parts:  how do you capture the images,  and how do you make them available across the web. 

The capturing thing is pretty easy - look for any app that will 'scan' a document to PDF format.  There are (I believe) quite a few.  CamScanner,  if it's compatible with your phone,  has a long pedigree in this area.  No clue whether they offer support though.

Sharing is the easy part:  there are dozens of Dropbox-style options and if you save your PDF files to DropBox anyone with whom you share that account will have access.

Good luck with your search...

Archived