How to arrange the panes?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry,  but I don't understand the question - or whether there is a question here.  In Windows you can select the panes individually and choose what appears in the main Evernote Window,  and you can open one or more notes in their own separate window to spread them around.  The options are in a dropdown menu under an icon near the search box - and under the View menu on the top menu bar.

ScreenClip.png

ScreenClip [1].png

27 minutes ago, jefito said:

Moved to Windows Help subforum...

Please give me a link to the Windows help subforum. I've spent 15 minutes looking for it :-)

Edited:  If I look at the original time of your post, and the time of your post that is quoted in my reply, it appears that your forum timer requires another penny to be added to the clock :-)

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

The options are in a dropdown menu under an icon near the search box

Based on your quote above, I found the correct option in the "icon near the search box"

In your screenshot, the selected option is "Side list".

My default selection was "Snippet". I changed it to "Top list", and everything is now back to normal. 

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

and under the View menu on the top menu bar.

Ah, yes. Erm. Well, that seems to be the issue. I don't think it now says that in the View menu. There are now no submenus under "View".

I found an old note with the following text: 

----------------------------------
After install, to create my normal pane setup with the list on top, and a note below:
View > Note List > List (the default is View > Note List > Snippet)
---------------------------------

I can never understand any of my old notes, but I think the note is saying the following:  After an install, the default EN had snippets displayed in a narrow vertical pane, to the right of the Notebooks pane. If I selected View > Note List > List, then I got my normal 50-year-old setup with the note list in a wide horizontal pane, and the selected note in a wide horizontal pane below the note list.

But if I look in the View menu of my recently installed version 6.3.3, there are no child menus under View > Note List. Maybe I should start reading the release notes :-)

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I'm on version 6.4.2 which is the current public version.  My 'View' menu looks like the above.  Evernote's release notes tend to be on the sketchy side,  so I don't think you'd find that much detail in there about menu changes...  If you have any more queries though,  we're here 24/7...  :)

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, OldGrantonian said:

Please give me a link to the Windows help subforum. I've spent 15 minutes looking for it :-)

From the main forum page, look for the "Evernote Products" section, with a "Windows" link below (between "Evernote Web" and "Windows Phone"). Click on it: the page shows two subforums: "Windows Desktop Product Feedback" and "Windows Desktop Help". The second one is the one you're looking for.

Archived