Jump to content

Idea

I am really disappointed with evernotes overall functionality. the editor is very poor and buggy, it cant even keep the same formatting withing one note. Your support is almost non existent and this forum is almost useless. Seeing as this is a paid product I expect better, it is like using open source software made by some guy in his bedroom. After my subscription expires I will find another solution.

:(

Share this post


Link to post

6 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi.  Evernote isn't for everyone,  so if you don't get on with it,  it's good sense to look for an alternative.  It's unusual to find that formatting changes within one note though,  so if you are keeping up your use you might want to use the Evernote Help & Learning site to search for some background or - as a paying subscriber - contact support if you need help with your setup.

This Forum can be useful if you ask us a question,  but again I can see that browsing through it would be confusing - faults from months ago can come up next to discussions about the best way to organize notebooks and notes.  It's probably like trying to listen to all the discussions in a (fairly geeky) bar.  If you think we might be able to help though please ask any questions about Evernote here.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 11/21/2016 at 10:50 PM, evernotehelpisannoying said:

I am really disappointed with evernotes overall functionality. the editor is very poor and buggy, it cant even keep the same formatting withing one note. Your support is almost non existent and this forum is almost useless. Seeing as this is a paid product I expect better, it is like using open source software made by some guy in his bedroom. After my subscription expires I will find another solution.

:(

Sadly, I basically agree with you.

FYI: The editor's bugs are many, very well known, repeatedly reported, very old, and they have survived multiple prominent announcements that they'll be fixed soon. Some believe that the latest round of promises to fix the editor's basic functions are really going to happen, but it's up to you whether to believe them.

Personally, I've given them a deadline of Dec. 31, 2016 to fix all the basic functions (tables, backspace, undo, font size, etc.), then I'll be switching to another program. How much longer until your subscription expires?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 hours ago, gazumped said:

... It's unusual to find that formatting changes within one note though... 

 

 

Really? For me it's the norm.

On my laptop, for example, the default font size is set to 14, but all new notes open with font size 13, which is not supposed to be possible. If I press CTRL+A and switch everything to 14, the note will still jump back to 13 at lots of random times, especially when tables, lists, and horizontal rules are involved. CTRL+A and switching to font size 14 repeatedly does not stop the random switching back to size 13.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, WeCanLearnAnything said:

Really? For me it's the norm.

On my laptop, for example, the default font size is set to 14, but all new notes open with font size 13, which is not supposed to be possible. If I press CTRL+A and switch everything to 14, the note will still jump back to 13 at lots of random times, especially when tables, lists, and horizontal rules are involved. CTRL+A and switching to font size 14 repeatedly does not stop the random switching back to size 13.

Did you ever try changing to a different font size for a test note or two and then switching back?  Or contact Support?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi,

The only real reason that I have found with over 30K Notes for the font to change is when I import an email via Outlook, then start typing myself. This can cause multiple fonts to appear. I didn't think it did this in the past and has only started in the last 3 - 6 months that I am aware of.

If I start a new Note and type in it, there doesn't seem a problem.

Regards

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, gazumped said:

Did you ever try changing to a different font size for a test note or two and then switching back?  Or contact Support?

I have done both. I have tried fiddling around with various default font size settings but the actual default font size that I get when making a new note is highly inconsistent. I actually posted about this in May.

After contacting Support, they told me that they are aware of the problem and might fix it one day. I'm not holding my breath.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...