Evernote automatically removes spaces between words while typing

This has been happening for a month or so now - often when I start typing a note title, after a couple of seconds the spaces between words disappear, running the text together.

EN Version 6.10 (454267 Direct)

macOS 10.12.1  Sierra

I'm having the same problem also, and it's been happening for 1-2 months.  I've only noticed it when typing in a Title, though.  As soon as it does an autosave (which it seems to do every few seconds when typing a title), it strips off any spaces at the end.  This is really annoying.  If I pause while typing a title to figure out exactly what the title should be, I have to retype the space.

MacOS Sierra 10.12.1

EN Version 6.10 (454267 Direct)

I was just on a chat with Evernote support, and their response was:

"our developers are already working on this issue and I see in our system that the fix for this problem will be released in the next beta version and also the next public release. 
As a workaround in the meantime, you could type the title in the note section and then copy/paste it into the title field.  "

Yes. Me as well.  I thought I had developed a typing glitch for a few days, but then realized it was happening with the autosave function.  Thank you for the news about the upcoming beta version that will include the fix and thank you also for the workaround suggestion.  I wish the Mac version auto-populated the title with the first line of the note like the Windows version does.  Maybe they are woking on that too.

• 1 month later...

I've also notice that when notes that are created in third party apps are synced with Evernote, the note arrives with spaces in the titles, but then after the next sync Evernote goes in and strips them out.  So notes are leaving a third party app with spaces, it arrives in Evenote with spaces, but then Evernote removes the spaces, and then the spaces are removed in all third party apps after the next sync.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
37 minutes ago, MrPicasso said:

Title text is still stripped of final spaces when I pause during typing. Very frustrating. EN Mac Version 6.10 (454267 Direct); Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Dropping trailing spaces is fixed in 6.11

• 4 weeks later...

Also experiencing this issue.  I can't believe it's been over 3 MONTHS and it hasn't been fixed.  Not being able to type simple text into a tool whose main purpose is to take notes is abominable.  Please fix this asap.  In comparison, 1Password fixes bugs within hours, why does such an elementary function of typing not get fixed in Evernote?  Time to find another tool.  Very disappointed.

• 1 month later...
On 28/11/2016 at 9:51 PM, krudin said:

I was just on a chat with Evernote support, and their response was:

"our developers are already working on this issue and I see in our system that the fix for this problem will be released in the next beta version and also the next public release. 
As a workaround in the meantime, you could type the title in the note section and then copy/paste it into the title field.  "

Terrible response!

Bump.

It is now the end of March, four months after the issue was first reported in this forum, and I am certainly still experiencing it.

Wow. This is a fairly fundamental issue for Mac users of Evernote' core functionality, No? Rather interesting that it has not yet been addressed

Is there any comment from Evernote as to if and when this issue will be addressed?

I still have the same problem at well. I was told it would be fixed "in the next release" a long time ago.  Frustrating. 

They need to rebuilt their editor. Working with bullet lists is super buggy. Pretty amazing that a note taking app has so many issues with core functionality!  I've been pretty frustrated these past few months. Might be time to switch to another app. 

19 hours ago, krudin said:

I still have the same problem at well. I was told it would be fixed "in the next release" a long time ago.  Frustrating. 

They need to rebuilt their editor. Working with bullet lists is super buggy. Pretty amazing that a note taking app has so many issues with core functionality!  I've been pretty frustrated these past few months. Might be time to switch to another app. 

Hi @krudin, please see my post here:

I've actually noticed this happens when I access notes on different platforms (ex. PC and iPad).  It seems that when the width is reformatted to fit on the smaller iPad screen, it removes the space at the end of the line.  So when the note is again accessed on my PC, throughout the entire note, multiple spaces are missing.  Going back and adding the spaces back is useless too as it happens again the note is accessed on a different platform.  This seems to happen to all my notes and it's quite frustrating!  

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Poopoo Platter said:

I've actually noticed this happens when I access notes on different platforms (ex. PC and iPad).  It seems that when the width is reformatted to fit on the smaller iPad screen, it removes the space at the end of the line.  So when the note is again accessed on my PC, throughout the entire note, multiple spaces are missing.  Going back and adding the spaces back is useless too as it happens again the note is accessed on a different platform.  This seems to happen to all my notes and it's quite frustrating!  

That seems quite a different issue but missing spaces in the note body have been reported in other threads.  I believe the same situation applies - make sure you have the latest Evernote version and look for the next update...

Archived