eastave

Firefox Firefox Web Clipper Not Working

We have 4 window 10 computers at home running firefox. Web clipper on all computers stopped working this week. Problem -could not log in, received Checking credentials took too long.” Uninstall then reinstalling - same results. Also tried installing version 6.9.3 - that did not work. Installed 6.2.0 and it worked.

Using Windows 10, Anniversary edition, Evernote 6.4.2.3788 with Evernote Web Clipper 6.9.3 with Firefox 50.0.  When I click on the Web Clipper the form is there but no text.  I filled out the userid and password but nothing happened.  Anyone else having this problem?  Anyone have a solution to this.  Web Clipper is worthless this way.

web clipper.jpg

Hi @Terp66 - the latest update to Clipper has been ...interesting... all around.  One user found a 'cookies' fix that avoids some problems,  which is worth trying:  a few others have reverted back to 6.2 and switched off the upgrades option in Add-Ins to stay with that version for a while.

Older version of Clipper - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/versions/

Switch off updating - Firefox 'burger' menu > Add-ons > Extensions > Web Clipper Options - scroll down:  set Automatic Updates to OFF

If you prefer 6.9.3 and still have issues,  contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter

I've had the same problem (latest Firefox, Windows 7, Clipper 6.10...). Initially I had the 'red dot' version of the icon so when I clicked it I got a login popup where I duly put in my password. Since then I still have the 'red dot' icon but whenever I clicked it I get a brief blank popup which then closes. I switched the Clipper back to 6.9... then I got asked for my password again but this time the red dot is replaced by the simple elephant head & clipping works.

Further info:

Web login is working fine with my password. Other add-ons installed: NoScript, AdBlock-Plus (both up to date) and I ain't about to lower my security by disabling them.

I have exactly the same issue but Firefox on Mac El Capitan.  Cannot clip from Firefox and get a blank pop up with message ... waiting for www.evernote.com ... and then the pop up disappears.

Help appreciated.

13 hours ago, markymarkyate said:

I have exactly the same issue but Firefox on Mac El Capitan.  Cannot clip from Firefox and get a blank pop up with message ... waiting for www.evernote.com ... and then the pop up disappears.

Help appreciated.

See above for what help is available - only other options: contact support direct or via Twitter.

Evernote Firefox Web Clipper does not save notes.  The first session use of Web Clipper makes me log in even though I have "stay logged in for 30 days" checked off.  Nothing gets saved anywhere I can find it.  Second and subsequent tries to use Web Clipper for Firefox make the log in window flash briefly and disappear.  Nothing gets saved anywhere I can find it.  I have latest Firefox and Evernote Web Clipper for Firefox versions. Items I clip from other devices and browsers do show up in my desktop Evernote.

Evernote is pretty useless to me unless I can bring items from diverse sources together on my desktop. That very much includes clipping from my web browser.  Please fix this quickly.   I have Firefox 51.0.1 and Evernote Web Clipper for Firefox 6.10.2.0.