Firefox Webclipper: can't sign in

sdquinlan

I sign in to evernote "via Google". When I install the Web Clipper app in Firefox it asks me to sign in, but there is no button to sign in "via Google". If I simply enter my Google sign in info it says my password is invalid. If I choose to "create an account" and enter my gmail address as my e-mail it says that that e-mail is already in use.

Any tips on how to get this app working?

• Level 5*

Hi. You presumably had Evernote sign-in details before you opted to use the Google sign-in option.  Have you tried using those to activate the Clipper app?  If you create a new account to sign in with,  you'll be saving clips in the new account and not your existing one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a version of this problem.  I just set up Evernote for the first time, on my laptop - I took the link to gmail option.  But now when I try and sign in on the app, it asks for email and password - I never _got_ a password for the web signin, and using the password for the email gets an error  message.  There is no "sign in via google" option on the Android app.  There must be some way around this, but I am stymied.  Any help?

• Level 5*
On 02/12/2016 at 2:11 PM, triaspirational said:

I'm having a version of this problem.  I just set up Evernote for the first time, on my laptop - I took the link to gmail option.  But now when I try and sign in on the app, it asks for email and password - I never _got_ a password for the web signin, and using the password for the email gets an error  message.  There is no "sign in via google" option on the Android app.  There must be some way around this, but I am stymied.  Any help?

Hi.  Do you have any notes in your Evernote account already?  Can you sign in via the browser version of Evernote Web?  Try the Evernote lost password process...

Archived