rubenb

Firefox Evernote Web Clipper 6.9.3 for Firefox released (Official Thread)

Idea

I'm very pleased to announce Web Clipper 6.9.3 for Firefox.

Thanks to the new 'Web Extensions' API in Firefox we're able to jump from version 6.2 to 6.9.3 and provide you the same feature set we have on other browsers. Moving forward, we'll be much quicker to update it. (We'll submit 6.10.1 for review today).

To install Web Clipper for Firefox, go to:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/
This new version works in Firefox 49 or later. For older versions, please visit the extensions versions page and download Web Clipper 6.2.

1 person likes this

85 replies to this idea

I tried 6.10.2. The help tab doesn't open every time I open Firefox, so that's fixed. But I can't use it at all. It makes me sign in first, which I tried to do. I type in my info, the window sits there for five seconds, and then it disappears, but apparently I'm still not signed in because the little red "x" is still sitting there next to the clipper icon. After that, every time I click on the icon to clip, a blank window pops up for about 1 or 2 seconds then disappears. Back to 6.2.0. (Don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm running Windows 7.)

Hmmn.  Hopefully @rubenb will look into that - my version of 6.10.2 seems to be working fine now.  Have you tried removing the extension and restarting Firefox,  then reinstalling?

Yes, I removed 6.2.0 and closed Firefox. Then came back in and installed the current version, 6.10.2. I've done it several times and it still will not work, so I am back with 6.2.0.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Pam D said:

Yes, I removed 6.2.0 and closed Firefox. Then came back in and installed the current version, 6.10.2. I've done it several times and it still will not work, so I am back with 6.2.0.

Dito.

Hi everyone !

Evernote Web Clipper 6.10.2 + 3 released

This is what I can read on Evernote forums (posted Dec 23rd, 2016). Rubenb posted it and so, I figured it would be the final episode of the clipper story. Alas, when I go on the official Firefox download page :

https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/versions/

the module download is impossible. A message indicating the module is corrupt shows off. This has been the case since it was published.

Is there going to be an end to this ?

Hi.

4 minutes ago, Fab42 said:

A message indicating the module is corrupt shows off.

Hi.  What version of Firefox do you have?  Maybe @rubenb can comment...

Firefox 50.1.0, so I guess, the latest official version.

(and by the way, a message pops up when I click on "install" on this page. Says the module was not verified by Mozilla so I should be careful about it. But I guess it's standard procedure related to Mozilla publishing rules. Yet, the message also stipulates that this version can't be installed for the above reason.warning.JPG

1 person likes this

I thought this missing option, WebClipper to Evernote Windows, was a bug that eventually would be fixed. So this time i decided to swallow the inconvenience for quite some time and don't waste time reading long community threads. Well then!

I understand that you really wanted to go the route with Firefox WebExtensions, get some out of the box coding benefits, and sacrifice web clipping to windows.

But removing essential functionality, that you should know is deep in user's workflow, is serious. I have not been warned directly.

Have someone been approached by Evernote, asked to sign up for email alerts (or RSS feed) on "Very important product changes"?

That would have been professional, and I wouldn't have the feeling that I should spend some time testing alternatives.

2 people like this

..forgot to say: Also tons of new bugs in the new WebClipper shell.

Really no need to use it at all, because it fails to clip much of the page 4 of 5 times. Specially when making a selection.

So it is copy from web page, new note, paste, copy from  web page title, paste in title field and so on.

Evernote for Windows also struggle a little these days:
Notes need to be edited more often than before it seems, to be readable Undo hardly works, definitely not when pasting.

Strangely enough, the latest version of the webclipper published that was supposed to solve all problems (6.10.3) for Firefox 50.1.0 has disappeared from the Firefox Add-ons page. Seems like @rubenb has disappeared since his last publication which mentions something that does NOT exist (anymore).

Evernote Web Clipper 6.10.2 + 3 released

Well, everything's fine. Users are left by themselves. Really unprofessional.