Can't log in

GambaJo

Similar problem here, other than that the error message doesn't show, the sign in button just doesn't appear to do anything. However, if I intentionally use an incorrect password, it will notify me of this.

In case it's relevant, I have 2-Factor Auth turned on, but don't get far enough to enter the code from Google Authenticator. Reinstalled the extension, restarted Firefox, rebooted the laptop. No luck.

Firefox 49.0.2 and Evernote Web Clipper 6.9.3 on MacOS Sierra.

Apparently my previous comment providing details of the same issue hasn't been approved by a moderator, 90 minutes later. Maybe this one will get through. I was able to log in to the Web Clipper by temporarily disabling Adblock and Privacy Badger. It seems to work even after I re-enabled them. I tried them both simultaneously, so I don't know which was the cause.

I've tried the last reply but it doesn't work for me.

I've attached some pictures of the firefox's settings and the web clipper behavior.

The internet connection is OK (it is through DSL cable 50MB).

The web doesn't work in firefox 50.0, but it do on chrome.

The OS is Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit.

With the previous firefox (I think 4x, but really I don't know) it works fine, but the whole web.

evernote1.png

evernote2.png

evernote3.png

evernote4.png

firefox1.png

firefox2.png

firefox3.png

firefox4.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you prefer to return to an older version of Clipper for the time being,  they're here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/versions/

You'll need to switch off updating temporarily to keep it that way - Firefox 'burger' menu > Add-ons > Extensions > Web Clipper Options - scroll down:  set Automatic Updates to OFF

• 1 month later...

Disabling AdBlock Plus did not fix my inability to log into the Web Clipper. I have reverted to version 6.9.3 of the clipper, which works fine (Firefox v 50.1.0, Windows 10). Thanks to gazumped for the link!

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, rhodo said:

Disabling AdBlock Plus did not fix my inability to log into the Web Clipper. I have reverted to version 6.9.3 of the clipper, which works fine (Firefox v 50.1.0, Windows 10). Thanks to gazumped for the link!

...and see

I'm having the same (?) problem as Rhodo. Clicking on the Web Clipper icon prompts me to log in, but shortly after I've done so, the window appears - and Web Clipper remains in a not-logged-in state. Further clicks on it makes the logon window pop up for a second (completely empty) and disappear again just as fast. Clearing cookies allows me to start over with this futile process.

I don't use AdBlock Plus, but I do use NoScript and Privacy Badger - both of which I've tried disabling (simultaneously), restarting Firefox, then testing again, to no avail.

Firefox 50.1.0, Web Clipper 6.10.2.0.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Level 5*

Hi.  There currently seem to be a variety of issues with Clipper,  primarily in Chrome and Safari - don't know whether any of these threads will help...

Unable to log in to Clipper /being logged out in:

Logging in - Safari Browser:        

Logged out - Safari Browser:        

Notebooks list not loading - Chrome/ Safari:

Logged out - Chrome Browser:

The generic advice is to contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter and supply the extra details requested.

• 7 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 27/08/2017 at 8:46 AM, cleermeo said:

This is still an issue. I get the impression that Evernote is abandoning Firefox as a browser option. 

Reverting back to older versions is not a fix.

Hi.  I'm a Firefox user and have continued to have access to Clipper through all versions up to Fx 55 (64-bit).

Best advice if you're having issues is still

On 10/01/2017 at 0:49 AM, gazumped said:

The generic advice is to contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter and supply the extra details requested.

Archived