Easy next / previous note navigation

jyc23

Idea

Right now there is no easy way to jump to the next / previous note in a list. If you're in note view, you have to back up to the list, then tap on the note you want. But sometimes I just want to see the adjacent note, such as when I'm reading through sequential notes such as when I'm reading journal entries. It would be great if there were a way to do that. Perhaps a gesture such as pull up / down at the end / beginning of a note to go to the next note in the list? Or a couple of arrows? If you've used the DayOne journal app on iOS, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Also, it would be great if it were possible to back out to the note list from note view by swiping right - just like you can in many other apps.

1 reply to this idea

17 hours ago, jyc23 said:

Right now there is no easy way to jump to the next / previous note in a list. If you're in note view, you have to back up to the list, then tap on the note you want. But sometimes I just want to see the adjacent note, such as when I'm reading through sequential notes such as when I'm reading journal entries. It would be great if there were a way to do that. Perhaps a gesture such as pull up / down at the end / beginning of a note to go to the next note in the list? Or a couple of arrows? If you've used the DayOne journal app on iOS, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Also, it would be great if it were possible to back out to the note list from note view by swiping right - just like you can in many other apps.

Totally agree!

Either a swipe left/right gesture like navigating Safari webpages, or at a minimum, a next note comes as you swipe up at the bottom of the note, such as Safari Reading List. 

Archived