New Computer

secolburn

I have just purchased a new computer, and would like to move my Private Notebooks (not stored in the cloud, only on my hard drive) from the old computer to the new one.  How do I do that?  Also, is there a way to turn a Private Notebook into a Regular Notebook that DOES sync to the cloud?  I use Evernote Premium.  The old computer is Windows 8.1 with latest Evernote updates, and the new computer is Windows 10.1.  Thanks.  -Steve

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, secolburn said:

I have just purchased a new computer, and would like to move my Private Notebooks (not stored in the cloud, only on my hard drive) from the old computer to the new one.  How do I do that?  

The best way is to export your notes to an enex file, transfer the file to the new computer, and import.

Note: The enex export doesn't include Notebook information; you might want to do separate exports for each notebook

>>Also, is there a way to turn a Private Notebook into a Regular Notebook that DOES sync to the cloud? 

You can't change the Notebook.  The only way is to create a new Notebook and move your notes.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, secolburn said:

Thank you!  How can I get an installation file to install Evernote on my new laptop?  I don't have a CD, but my Evernote Premium subscription is up to date.

www.evernote.com

Theres a download link at the bottom of the page

Archived