McVitas

ANSWERED Android app won't sync

Hello, this is weird. Today I started a new entry in my notebook on a phone. On a pc in web version I can see it. Later I typed a new sentence into it in the phone. But now I can't get the evernote web to display the updated content?! In android app there is this green up arrow by this entry in the notebook. Phone is connected via wifi, I swipe down and the arrow is spinning and top bar is scrolling sideways (what should this mean anyway?) but still even after refreshing browser window on a pc I see the old entry without the added text! If I go to meni in android app and choose synchronize it does not help either.

So I waited until now. Did something else. Tried to swipe down in the app and the spinning arrow didn't take more then 2 seconds (much quicker then before) and the green up arrow by the entry disappeared! Now I just clicked back and forth in the web evernote and I see the updated content... So I guess this was just a temporary outage of the sync service on evernote's servers.

Hi.  As you gathered,  the green up arrow means 'needs syncing' and the screen activity indicated that things were pending.  An immediate sync isn't guaranteed - all sorts of things can interrupt the connection,  from local traffic to the server just being busy (there are another 200M users syncing out there somewhere).  - I just scared myself and worked out on average that's 5 syncs every second throughout the year...:huh:

The moral being:  If at first you don't succeed...  try again later.  :)

• Like 1