Hanging indents

lpurban

Idea

Need to be able to format as "hanging indent" - with first line to the left of the following lines.

Similar to bullets & numbers, but with text starting at the hanging indent.

This is important for academic drafts, where you have reference lists, and it is necessary to have the first line start at the left margin, and subsequent lines of the reference be indented 1/2 inch.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 11/9/2016 at 3:10 PM, lpurban said:

Need to be able to format as "hanging indent" - with first line to the left of the following lines.

Similar to bullets & numbers, but with text starting at the hanging indent.

This is important for academic drafts, where you have reference lists, and it is necessary to have the first line start at the left margin, and subsequent lines of the reference be indented 1/2 inch.

Is Evernote the best tool to be using for academic drafts. As you found out, the note editor doesn't have extensive features; have you  looked at the printing?

I'd use Evernote to store the file, but would use a dedicated word processing app for the actual editing.

On 11/9/2016 at 3:17 PM, DTLow said:

Is Evernote the best tool to be using for academic drafts. As you found out, the note editor doesn't have extensive features; have you  looked at the printing?

I'd use Evernote to store the file, but would use a dedicated word processing app for the actual editing.

A reference list is just that, a list. That user may not have been drafting the academic paper within Evernote. Either way, my problem is essentially the same. I'm writing a book in another software. I want to create a reference list template in Evernote so that when I am through, I can simply merge it into my document. Either way, a hanging indent should be available. Guess I'll just have to use Word, instead. I like Evernote so that I can sync without having to figure out which cloud I put it on.