Hyperlink editing bug

I think I have found a bug in the EN note editor on Windows.  The procedure to reproduce is:

1. Highlight the text of a previously-created hyperlink, either with [CTRL]+[SHIFT]+K or by right-clicking and select 'Edit hyperlink'
  2. Paste the new link in the dialog and click OK.

The previous text is replaced with the new hyperlink.

Windows 10 64-bit Home version 1607 Build 14393.51
Evernote v6.4.2.3788

• 2 months later...
Support recreated this. The ticket was quickly closed, with promise it will be fixed soon
It is still occurring Desktop Windows app 6.4.2.3788 Evernote Premium
The workaround is to Right Click Remove, re-highlight all keyword(s) previously used for underlined hyperlink, Ctrl-K (Add Link), then paste from clipboard the new URL you had planned for the Edit. 

Test   < just now recreated in Desktop app, where I right click " Test ", choose Edit, and attempt to Paste the URL for this post! Instead of same word Test with URL changed, the entire url is pasted https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/101381-hyperlink-editing-bug/#comment-438178
  • 3 weeks later...

Three weeks later, still occuring!  Very annoying. Not a feature at all. Please address this issue, and if you don't plan to, do not close ticket/cases for a premium user without a better timeline for correction. It's been 5-6 months for this. I can point to other references of this in the forums. 

Doesn't the issue behavior contradict the purpose of the right-click Edit option?

• Level 5*

Well,  still occurring in the current Windows Beta.  To be fair if the ticket was closed in January with a comment about being fixed "soon" it isn't likely to be released until the next GA at the earliest,  which could be weeks away... and Evernote don't (usually) share release dates.

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2017 at 4:57 AM, gazumped said:

Well,  still occurring in the current Windows Beta.  To be fair if the ticket was closed in January with a comment about being fixed "soon" it isn't likely to be released until the next GA at the earliest,  which could be weeks away... and Evernote don't (usually) share release dates.

This issue for the desktop client began Summer of 2016, when it was recreated, and employee stated it would be fixed in next Service release. It is still occuring.

• 7 months later...

Archived