How would Evernote assist an office administrator

Dustin Pine

I'm a first year office administration student, and am doing a report on Evernote. Could you provide examples of how this application would help me within my field of study.

What are the pros and cons of Evernote, and what makes it different compared to other programs such as OneNote, or Google Docs.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dustin Pine said:

I'm a first year office administration student, and am doing a report on Evernote. Could you provide examples of how this application would help me within my field of study.

Evernote is my digital filiing cabinet.
Everyone needs a filing cabinet to hold their data.

This is how Evernote helps me

As important than holding data, is being able to retrieve specific data
- this could be a specific document, or a collection of documents

I don't use Evernote to compose long text, just notes complete with attachments

I may need to share those documents in some manner

I may need to date documents to trigger followup

I need to have a backup process, in case I accidently delete something

>>What are the pros and cons of Evernote, and what makes it different compared to other programs such as OneNote, or Google Docs.

A con I frequently hear about Evernote is that it doesn't use a folder filing methodology
I consider this a plus, but some users want to file notes in a folder/subfolder/subsubfolder/subsubsubfolder/,,,,,,
Evernote does have a notebook feature, but it's main organization feature is Tags
Tags and extensive search features allow me to retrieve data.

Another con that's mentioned often is that the Evernote has a restricted set of editing features.
It's all I need for basic notes, but some users want word processing and spreadsheet features.

A pro is that Evernote is available on various platforms including Web, and includes data syncing.
The client software on the Windows platforms allows for extended features

A pro is that its easy to insert data into Evernote
There are various methods: Web Clipper etc

Archived