It's back and just as annoying as ever

KWD2244

It's back, the incessant popup

"Did you know that you can clip PDF's directly to your Evernote account with the Web Clipper?"

Turning off all PDF-related options under "options" does nothing and every time I open up a PDF it's there blocking my ability to save or print the PDF. I work with PDFs daily, so the annoyance level was off the charts after about twenty Xings of the popup, to the point where I had to uninstall the plug-in. Anyone else having this issue with the most updated version?

• Level 5*
On 11/6/2016 at 11:30 AM, KWD2244 said:

It's back, the incessant popup

"Did you know that you can clip PDF's directly to your Evernote account with the Web Clipper?"

Turning off all PDF-related options under "options" does nothing and every time I open up a PDF it's there blocking my ability to save or print the PDF.

I am NOT seeing this behavior in Chrome 54.0.2840.98 (2840.98) on macOS 10.11.4, with EN Web Clipper 6.10 installed, and the "Show PDF button" unchecked in Clipper Options.

Example Screenshot:

EN-Clipper-Chrome-PDF.png

• 2 weeks later...

I started having this exact same problem after updating from OS 10.10 to OS 10.10.5. Turning off the "PDF page button, Show Save to Evernote on PDF pages" in the Evernote Clipper options doesn't make a difference -- I still see the popup for every PDF window.

I was getting that pop-up, but after I actually used the clipper to save a PDF to Evernote, it went away.  I wasn't paying close enough attention to know if it was an immediate result or not, but I'm no longer getting the pop-up. 

5 hours ago, weaverh said:

I was getting that pop-up, but after I actually used the clipper to save a PDF to Evernote, it went away.  I wasn't paying close enough attention to know if it was an immediate result or not, but I'm no longer getting the pop-up. 

That worked for me as well, weaverh! I guess when they say try it out, they really mean mean TRY IT OUT...or forever be annoyed! I wonder if it will reset on an update

Archived