Extension / Add-on Support / ...and got a little tamper while writing it...

ZeFish

Idea

-- Edit
Would be nice that evernote implement a kind of "Chrome Extension". When you think about it, chrome is a really simple piece of software that "just work" but can can get really powerful with the help of extensions created by others. There are some way to hack using AppleScript/JXA but it's complicated and not very user friendly.
API wise, Evernote is by far the most powerful, it's the client that need to be worked on. Open up that piece of software for us :) and you can be sure that you will get a lot more user activity in 2017.

-- Original Message
Since Evernote take so loooooooooooooooooong time developping new things even just for implementing simple things like Markdown,
it would be awesome if Evernote team would be able to implement some sort of extensibility to the app.

There is some wonderful ideas out there that people are willing to code (Alternote is a brilliant example). Why are we still stuck with that old boring editor?

---

Who in the team think that an editor without any "Header formatting capability" is a good idea?!

Let's be honnest, Evernote is a nice platform but as a productivity software, this is the least productive software I own. It's like the app would have adhd. Here's an extra list that I think it's unacceptable that a software who has seen the light of day in 2008 still doesn't do

• Full Markdown Support
  • Real ultra real time collaborative tool with commenting
  • The reminder is nice, but I need multiple reminder by note... note are project, not task (for me at least)
  • Unable to link inside a note. (Think about our long note!!!)
  • Unable to hide block of text (Workflowy does it in a amazing way...)
  • For crying out loud... support url-scheme when doing a link!!! (Power feature but so easy to implement)
  • You all ready support html in your note and some sorts of template system (like with business cards), why in 8 years you haven't given us the possibility to create our own note template? That alone would be a huuuuuuuuuge feature

Evernote have a lot of nice ideas but unable to actually finish any feature... It does feels older and older everyday but it is still the most powerful out there. I guess I'm getting angry at the software because I can see all the posibilities and yet nothing happen or when there is actually something, it's like an extension for imessage (woohhooooooo) or a fancy icon when you paste a google doc link...

...seriously?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2016-11-02 at 7:43 AM, ZeFish said:

Since Evernote take so loooooooooooooooooong time developping new things even just for implementing simple things like Markdown,
it would be awesome if Evernote team would be able to implement some sort of extensibility to the app.

There is some wonderful ideas out there that people are willing to code (Alternote is a brilliant example). Why are we still stuck with that old boring editor?

It would more useful to specify your requests in separate posts, so users can add their votes.
Or search for existing feature requests and add your votes.

Since you found extensibility as in Alternote, not sure why you're asking for it to be implemented.
There are other apps extending Evernote's editor features.
I'm on a Mac and find the AppleScript extension valuable, although it's not available to the other platforms

• Level 5*
On 11/2/2016 at 9:43 AM, ZeFish said:

I agree.  In EN Mac we do have some support for AppleScript/JXA, but it is not complete.  I know this does not help you Windows users, but since Evernote already has a great start with AppleScript, the could just add to it.

Given the code for AppleScript support, maybe they could use that to develop an analogous system for EN Win.

On 11/2/2016 at 9:50 AM, DTLow said:

It would more useful to specify your requests in separate posts, so users can add their votes.

I think that @ZeFish really just has one main request:  Evernote Extensibility.

IMO, his request is perfectly fine, and is properly placed.

But, since @DTLow seems to be confused about your request @ZeFish, perhaps others may also miss your main point.  So, perhaps you could edit your original post to highlight and make clear your Extensibility request.

Archived