Text editor not working, buggy copy paste delete lists

Just suddenly started having problems in the last couple of weeks very similar to this post:

I am working in notes with big lists and other plain text content.

I might copy something and it pastes back as nothing or just a new line, or just part of the whole piece I copied.

I press fn+delete and instead of forward deleting as typical mac behavior it just back spaces.

Numbered lists of notes do not join. Previously if you had two lists, one right after the other, you could "join" them by deleting the empty space between and the numbers on the second list would then cary on where the first list left off. This is not working anymore.

Sometimes after deleting a selection or line, or after cutting it, the cursor jumps to the bottom or top of the page or somewhere random. Sometimes it jumps OUTSIDE the editing area to the left side of the padding of the white editing area background.

Undo and redo are acting weird as well. Sometimes not doing anything at all, sometimes not jumping the screen to the cursor when you do ctrl-z.

It started randomly, I hadn't even updated evernote so it wasn't caused by an update I don't think. I just updated to most recent to see if that would fix it but it didn't.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi both - this is a user forum,  supported (mainly) by people like yourselves.  If you want to get Evernote's attention,  and especially if you have identified bugs that need fixing,  it's better to contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter - they can't work on something until they can replicate the bug; and for that they may need more details of exactly how you got to your particular situation,  which aren't suitable for a public forum like this one..

I'm seeing this behavior too.  I did try to use support and got a certified evernote consultant who immediately wanted me to re-install.

I objected, saying that the behavior had started after the 6.10 update. And that it was their responsibility to tell me if this was a known bug or if it was new before I sunk time into helping them debug.

He said "To be clear, I'm not an Evernote Employee. I'm a fellow Evernote user trying to help you. "  

So how is that different from this forum?

Does Evernote actually have customer support?  

Not happy given that I just paid for another year of premium. I started moving my notes to Google Docs.

• Level 5*
On 22/11/2016 at 0:52 AM, dp-ucsd said:

I'm seeing this behavior too.  I did try to use support and got a certified evernote consultant who immediately wanted me to re-install.

I objected, saying that the behavior had started after the 6.10 update. And that it was their responsibility to tell me if this was a known bug or if it was new before I sunk time into helping them debug.

He said "To be clear, I'm not an Evernote Employee. I'm a fellow Evernote user trying to help you. "  

So how is that different from this forum?

Does Evernote actually have customer support?  

Not happy given that I just paid for another year of premium. I started moving my notes to Google Docs.

Hi.  I have some sympathy with both sides of that.  On one hand I get really frustrated when I waste time fixing something which should be working,  and I understand your pain. 

On the other,  the advice you would have likely gotten from this forum would start out with "restart your system" and "reinstall Evernote" because in a surprising number of cases,  that advice actually works.  Even if it doesn't,  it means that two possibilities can be ticked off a list and you can go on to the next. 

If you're not prepared to try to help fix your system though,  it's going to stay broke. 

AFAIK the folks who try to help do have a line through to other expertise,  but they need to get through the basics before they refer anything onwards and upwards.  That's how lots of tech support works these days - whether the front line people are employees or volunteers.

Archived