Audio Quality

Ben K

Idea

I use evernote a lot to record and revise song ideas. Why does the audio/microphone function have such low quality? Could there at least be the option of recording at a higher quality. This feature is truly horrible. 

5 replies to this idea

On 11/1/2016 at 0:09 AM, Ben K said:

I use evernote a lot to record and revise song ideas. Why does the audio/microphone function have such low quality? Could there at least be the option of recording at a higher quality. This feature is truly horrible. 

In iOS this can be changed!

Account > Settings > Audio > High Quality

The implementation of this feature is what made EN an indispensable songwriting tool for me :)

IMG_5451.PNG

• Level 5*

Evernote tends to be a Swiss Army Knife with lots of tools for any occasion,  but not necessarily best in class in any one.  The idea (I think) is to generate a note that can be downloaded and edited quickly over even a slow connection...

7 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Evernote tends to be a Swiss Army Knife with lots of tools for any occasion,  but not necessarily best in class in any one.  The idea (I think) is to generate a note that can be downloaded and edited quickly over even a slow connection...

For sure, and EN's addition of the ability to utilize higher quality audio in iOS has made it such that the audio note which is generated is actually a useful one. Most songwriters I've interacted with on this have found the lower quality audio format useless (almost worse than not having the ability to record audio at all). No one that I'm aware of is asking for a format that is lossless/totally uncompressed. This m4a format option they implemented a while back in iOS is right on the mark as far as I'm concerned.

The audio is better on IOS (iPad, iPhone) but still useless on Mac (OS x). 

IOS is ok for short notes but stinks for serious writing and even worse for editing. So Evernote for Mac, with good audio, would be a songwriter's dream. Evernote is losing out to other apps in this area.

Archived