Write anywhere on the page (à la MS OneNote)

I love EN, but there is one single feature that OneNote has that makes me seriously consider switching.  ITs the fact that you can write anywhere on the page. Not limited like it is in traditional word processing. You write one paragraph here, another there. Then you can drag them around as if cutting and pasting them on a piece of paper. This would be a tremendous upgrade for me. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, fsendel said:

I love EN, but there is one single feature that OneNote has that makes me seriously consider switching.  ITs the fact that you can write anywhere on the page. Not limited like it is in traditional word processing. You write one paragraph here, another there. Then you can drag them around as if cutting and pasting them on a piece of paper. This would be a tremendous upgrade for me. 

Currently Evernote uses an underlying html format;
- it's generic, exportable and can be read by any browser
What you're proposing could result in a format switch to something more proprietary and a more bloated editor

I wouldn't want to see this, and acept that the note format is very basic.  
I switch to different formats for more extensive work.

On 10/31/2016 at 10:10 AM, DTLow said:

Currently Evernote uses an underlying html format;
- it's generic, exportable and can be read by any browser
What you're proposing could result in a format switch to something more proprietary and a more bloated editor

I wouldn't want to see this, and acept that the note format is very basic.  
I switch to different formats for more extensive work.

Fair point. OneNote online handles it quite well however.  Whether it would be too bloated would remain to be seen. It could be something like a switch from "Classic" to "Freeform canvas".  Also, if it has switch to a different format (not html), why not?  

Archived