Not offering to connect on Linkedin on scanned business cards anymore

I went to a conference this past week. I scanned the business cards like I usually do. It is downloading their pictures and other information from Linkedin. However, it didn't offer to connect to them on Linkedin. Just Done, Scan Another, and Add to Contacts. I have used this feature before, as recently as April, so not sure why it is not working. Is there some setting I changed? Or Evernote changed?

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Just tried a test business card which scanned fine,  but didn't offer any LinkedIn options.  Checked Settings > Camera > Business Cards and I'm still logged into the account.  Then checked the card in LinkedIn - not found.

Looks like the connection is still supposed to be there - are you a premium member?  Not sure where in the hierarchy of features the LinkedIn connection lies,  but if so you should definitely still have it.  You could try sync / uninstall / restart / reinstall,  which is the goto fix for any mobile issue,  but if it's still not working (and you can verify that details should be found on LinkedIn) I'd suggest you contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter

I am still a member.

Just to clarify, that when I scanned the business, it downloaded their picture from Linkedin and showed their Linkedin symbol. So it definitely connected to my Linkedin account. It just didn't offer to connect with them on Linkedin. Prior to doing all this, I had reconnected to Linkedin and even renewed my connection.

In the big pictures, it's OK since when you connect to Linkedin via Evernote, it sends the recipient the standard message, and I prefer a custom message, which was easier to do. But I noticed this change.

• Level 5*

Sorry - got the impression it wasn't working at all.  If you have some recent examples you can quote,  I'd definitely raise it with Support.

Interestingly someone else was objecting to the fact that Evernote sent all his LinkedIn connections "an automatic email" - I'd forgotten about the invitation to connect...  :huh:

See also:

• 10 months later...

I used to be able to connect with a contact on LinkedIn after scanning a business card. Now, that option is no longer available, even though the information gets populated from LinkedIn. Now I have to duplicate the work and add them on LinkedIn as well, which can cause duplicate contacts in my contact management system. What happened to this wonderful feature?

1. Default Business card notebook

2. Sign Out of LinkedIn

I've also submitted a ticket to support and waiting to hear back. Like I said, I'm able to see the information populated from LinkedIn, but the option to "Connect on LinkedIn" is no longer available.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been wondering this for a while. I came back to evernote from 3 years of note being a paid member and now i see that i am not givin the option to connect through evernote. This was such a key feature for me. Highly disappointed. Can we get some feedback from the Evernote Support Team?  

• Level 5*
On 27/01/2018 at 4:49 PM, Maryland Phil said:

Can we get some feedback from the Evernote Support Team?

Hi.  We're a (mainly) user-supported forum from which you'll get some advice from other users about fixing issues and/ or work-arounds.  It's not a link to the main Support team whom you can contact directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

That will get you feedback from Evernote on this issue.  If one of the previous posters has received some by now,  maybe they could share?

Archived