Jump to content
JohnLongney

Evernote 6.4.2.3773 Pop-Up Email Address Confirmation

Recommended Posts

(hello Wien) respectively Halloween joke?

just started Evernote on my desktop and was greeted with a friendly pop-up message wanting press OK confirmation that my mail address was still the same . 

What sort of useless measure is this?  Verification by a pop-up inside the programme? 

@Evernote, this is ridiculous. I would not mind at all if you too were to make use of the 2step verification process regularly. That's what it's there for. 

Not even password security provided for!

Honestly, very much please do not waste your resources on things not many people care for. If that was a case of finding out whether pop-ups are the way to go.

No, not for me. 

The only mails I have ever had from you was confirmation of subscription. If there is a general need for informing customers about possible risks etc then please use your normal way of communication.

EOD

Wishing you all a very pleasant, enjoyable weekend. 

:mellow:

 

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, JohnLongney said:

just started Evernote on my desktop and was greeted with a friendly pop-up message wanting press OK confirmation that my mail address was still the same . 

What sort of useless measure is this?  Verification by a pop-up inside the programme? 

@Evernote, this is ridiculous. I would not mind at all if you too were to make use of the 2step verification process regularly. That's what it's there for. 

Not even password security provided for!

Honestly, very much please do not waste your resources on things not many people care for. If that was a case of finding out whether pop-ups are the way to go.

No, not for me. 

Seems like a valid process for verifying email addresses.  Many users change their email and forget to update their Evernote account

Can you explain your comment "Not even password security provided for!"  I enter a userid/password to access Evernote.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Seems like a valid process for verifying email addresses.  Many users change their email and forget to update their Evernote account

Can you explain your comment "Not even password security provided for!"  I enter a userid/password to run access Evernote.

Oh dear, oversight on my part?  Could you please tell me where password function can be set up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JohnLongney said:

Oh dear, oversight on my part?  Could you please tell me where password function can be set up.

You must have signed into Evernote the first time

When I'm finished an Evernote session, I can sign outScreen Shot 2016-10-30 at 7.18.49 AM.png
The image is from my Mac


Warning: Signing in requires an internet connection (a problem for offline access)
I never sign out on my iPad.  Instead, I activated the PIN/fingerprint feature

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you so much , but this option is something else. This is also available in Windows.

I do not want to log out of the account for the very obvious problem of possibly not getting access again.

Password managers are a good example how single master passwords are implemented in the offline use of the software.  

To me, it seems somehow Evernote's  ways differ to those adopted by other companies.

For instance for friendly reminders emails would do.  From my point of view there is enough scope for improvement in the software.  Why can the umpteen sensible requests from so many users to finally get Mac and Win editions  identical not be pursued with more engagement, rather than even spending thoughts on pop-up messages. 

What next?

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, JohnLongney said:

Thank you so much , but this option is something else. This is also available in Windows.

I do not want to log out of the account for the very obvious problem of possibly not getting access again.

Password managers are a good example how single master passwords are implemented in the offline use of the software.  

To me, it seems somehow Evernote's  ways differ to those adopted by other companies.

For instance for friendly reminders emails would do.  From my point of view there is enough scope for improvement in the software.  Why can the umpteen sensible requests from so many users to finally get Mac and Win editions  identical not be pursued with more engagement, rather than even spending thoughts on pop-up messages. 

What next?

This discussion seems to be going nowhere

You started with a complaint on Evernote asking users to verify email addresses

You complained about a lack of password security
Then you say "I do not want to log out of the account for the very obvious problem of possibly not getting access again."
I don't understand the Password Manager reference; I use LastPass

Now you're onto "Why can the umpteen sensible requests from so many users to finally get Mac and Win editions  identical not be pursued with more engagement"
My understanding is Evernote is working towards this with their "Common Editor" project.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DTLow said:

Quite so, I completely agree.

But I maintain that neither do I care for in-software pop-ups by any company nor is this method of verification of any use. Not even to Evernote. 

That was my whole point. Unless otherwise proven I cannot believe that such messages were on the user request list. 

Even without seeing an example of inaccessible mail addresses I know how easy it is to forget notification. My sole and only point is that this can be done in the orthodox way, that is by mail. Peace? :)

OT

The password manager I use (Dashlane premium), unlocks its vault through a master password and it automatically closes this vault after a period of inactivity. It synchronises through the internet but needs no internet connection to open its vault. I understand very well that Evernote works also works in two ways, off- and online. My banking software too wants the correct password to open its vault, but does not even connect to its server until I initiate relevant actions and goes offline as soon as transactions are done.

@DTLow

Share this post


Link to post

@JohnLongney: please learn to "quote" correctly. When you include your reply to someone else's quote, it makes it difficult to figure out what it the quoted text and what is your reply. Type your answer outside of the quoted part. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...