Evernote scrolls to earliest message every time I open it

I have my Evernote sort set to Recently Updated, but each time I open the app, it is now scrolling all the way down to the first note I created and I have to scroll all the way up to the top. Not sure what is causing this.

I am also having problems with the keyboard typing decimal points and $ in place of numbers, so it will repeat a decimal point after a point- $3.66 becomes $3..6. I am mentioning it here in case there is a connection, but have found this topic in another discussion in the community, so asked for assistance there.

Thanks for any help you can provide in advance!

(I have a Samsung 6 Android v6.0.1, current version of Evernote. Also, I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app.)

• Level 5*

Hi.  There have been a few typing/ keyboard issues with Samsung devices,  but it's not clear whether this is some sort of issue with Android or Samsung keyboard software.  Can you try another keyboard app?  If you check in the play store for options there are dozens to choose from.  Otherwise I'd suggest you contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter

• Level 5

WRT the typing issue, it sounds similar to problems discussed in this thread:

As for the note-sorting issue, that is odd. It sounds like the index may have gotten corrupted, or some other corruption has taken place that could be fixed by a re-installation. If you don't have any notebooks that are offline, first do a manual sync (top right 3-dot menu, Sync) to make sure that everything you've done on the tablet has been sent to Evernote's servers; then uninstall Evernote from your device; then reinstall it from the Play Store. Log in, and it will sync with Evernote's servers and download your notes again. Hopefully that might fix the problem. If not, then I don't know.

Archived