Transer Notes to Microsoft Word for printing

CJMaloney

When I print a note out, I like to list its
1) Title
2) Notebook it belongs to
3) Tags
4) Body of note

As I am writing a book I would like to be able to merge a good number of note, bearing all the above information, and transfer them to a Word document so I can bring it to Staples and have it printed out. As it stands now, only the BODY of the note is transferred, it leaves off all other information.
Is this possible? Or is there a way I can transfer the Evernote output (with all the above attributes) to a memory stick to have the printed out?

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, CJMaloney said:

1) Title
3) Tags
4) Body of note

As I am writing a book I would like to be able to merge a good number of note, bearing all the above information, and transfer them to a Word document so I can bring it to Staples and have it printed out. As it stands now, only the BODY of the note is transferred, it leaves off all other information.
Is this possible? Or is there a way I can transfer the Evernote output (with all the above attributes) to a memory stick to have the printed out?

First off, is Evernote the best tool for writing a book?
Its editor is great for notes but I use dedicated apps for serious writing.  I'm trying out Scrivener 

On my Mac, I use an AppleScript to transfer such metadata to the bottom of my notes (documented here)
Printing also has an option for headers showing  Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 9.23.41 AM.png
Title/Notebook/Tags

You mention Merging and Transfering to Word
What benefit does Word provide in printing?

• Level 5*
57 minutes ago, CJMaloney said:

I'd like to bring it to Staples and have them print it out instead of doing it from hom.

I would have thought PDF would have been a better format than Word

Regardless, your issue was getting the metadata into your printout
I replied with the solution using a Mac; 
Did this resolve the issue or are you using a different platform?

I have Windows 10 on a Dell computer, not Mac. Yes, I wish to get the "metadata" to transfer over to Word. Right now only the body of the note transfers and that's not enough to be useful.

I looked over your (very thorough) solution and I thank you, but you are vastly better than I with computers. For me "click here" is about as much as I'm capable of. +)

• Level 5*
On 10/29/2016 at 8:52 AM, CJMaloney said:

1) Title
3) Tags
4) Body of note

When you try to print a note, click on Options in the lower left of the print panel.  You can select what meta data you want to print.  And print to PDF if you want to take something to print at Staples.

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, CJMaloney said:

I have Windows 10 on a Dell computer, not Mac. Yes, I wish to get the "metadata" to transfer over to Word. Right now only the body of the note transfers and that's not enough to be useful.

I looked over your (very thorough) solution and I thank you, but you are vastly better than I with computers. For me "click here" is about as much as I'm capable of. +)

Can you explain the method you are using to do this transfer to Word?

Gentlemen, you both have my deepest thanks! csihilling your suggestion was spot on perfect - it worked!!!!!

DTLow, as per csihilling's advice, in order to do what I wish to do one must:
1) Highlight however many notes you wish to print
2) Choose "print to pdf"
3) Under "options" you choose to include tags

Worked like a CHARM!!!

Thank you both again!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CJMaloney said:

Gentlemen, you both have my deepest thanks! csihilling your suggestion was spot on perfect - it worked!!!!!

DTLow, as per csihilling's advice, in order to do what I wish to do one must:
1) Highlight however many notes you wish to print
2) Choose "print to pdf"
3) Under "options" you choose to include tags

Worked like a CHARM!!!

Thank you both again!

You are welcome.  Glad it worked.

Archived