Not notifying when it's time for reminder

Hello, I love Evernote Web (using it on Google Chrome for Windows 10, HTML5 notifications enabled)

A few minutes before, I was using Evernote Web normally, I created a note and clicked on the alarm icon to set a reminder.

I set a time/deadline for it, and a small popup asked me where I wanted to be notified : smartphone, PC or email.

I misclicked on the smartphone option and it asked me to make sure the Evernote app is installed on my phone in order to receive reminders.

Finally, I'm really interested in being notified in Evernote Web, but the popup never appeared again.

What would Evernote Web say if I clicked on the "PC/desktop" button in the popup. Does Evernote Web support HTML5 notifications?

(I've a free account and I had to delete Evernote for Windows in order to have only two devices : Android (my phone) and iOS (my school iPad), that's why I use Evernote Web on my PC now)

Thank you for your reply

Have a nice day!

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're a user-supported help forum,  so under-the-hood questions about the web interface are a bit outside our experience.  You may do better raising your enquiry via Twitter

I'm not aware that the web version has any scope to 'remember' your choices other than by leaving a cookie on your computer,  so clearing cookies from your browser settings may get you that option back.

...And it's not strictly necessary to limit your use to the web version on your PC.  If you log into your account from the installed desktop version you'll get a pop-up asking you to disconnect your android or iOS device to allow the PC to connect.  That's only temporary,  and you can log back in with the device you choose by disconnecting the PC when you're not using it.  Just sync your mobile device somewhere you have a good wifi signal so it can catch up with any changes made in its absence...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am running into the same issue. Except I only saw the "pop up"  once where it asked if I would like to be reminded via e-mail, phone etc.

I set a reminder for my note, and tried testing to see if I get a notification but I am unable to succeed. (ie) set a reminder in 2 minutes and see what happens

I am also running the free account Evernote Web.

Windows 10 / Google Chrome

Thus Far I am not getting a reminder and I would love to have a note reminder e-mailed to me on specific notes. 

Thanks!

Archived