Evernote for Mac 6.10 GA Released

Chantal Leonard

Idea

Hi folks,

Excited to announce Evernote for Mac, version 6.10 GA! You can download it here.

This GA builds on the work from the previous Betas where we’ve announced significant under the hood work on the note editor. We've addressed most of the issues the Beta community was able to help us identify. We're separately working on addressing the annotation issues folks have identified with Sierra - stay tuned for some improvements shortly.

Thanks,

Chantal, Alex and the rest of the Mac and Note Editor teams!

Evernote for Mac 6.10 Release Notes

New:

• Important under the hood changes to the note editing experience lay the groundwork for even more improvements in the future.

Fixed:

• Select functionality and crash issues.

81 replies to this idea

This version has driven me away from Evernote, and I had been a fully committed premium user and advocate since 2009. Unusable for more than 1 hour at a time on mac, flaky text editing, ancient problems not syncing fully to iOS, and requirement to reinstall, with associated long resync times every time I filed a bug report.

Having issues with 6.1; in general this version appears less robust with more quirks than usual; a few examples:

• Keyboard shortcuts for indent/outdent breaks up note structure
  • Highlighting lists and adding task-boxes to all does not work
  • Dragging clipped screens to desktop creates scrap rather than images

As noted by others: We really need an update; not for more features but to get back to where Evernote made us both productive and happy  ;-)

Worst update EVER!

I seriously can not remember ever having had so much problems since I signed up for this service at version 1.0 many years ago.

But perhaps its like a woman giving birth and I have forgotten earlier pain since there is so much pleasure in between.

When can we expect next version please?

Using fujitsu evernote scanner.  Up until upgrading to sierra, all scans defaulted to the correct note (doc) type and that dictated which folder the scan went to.  For example, receipts go to an expensify notebook, documents to an evernote notebook.  Seems like the scanned file name (until you change it) tells you what type of doc scanned, i.e. document, receipt, photo.   The problem with everything defaulting to a "photo" type scan is that scanning a multiple page document creates multiple files and not a multipage file.  Then you have to merge the multiple notes into a single note.   Again, this started happening once upgrading to sierra using the fujitsu scanner evernote edition.

Per Aisha_Aslam note, I'm resetting the profile in scansnap manager to "document".  I'll know in the morning if this works and will post result. 

Thanks for your help.

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, Richard N said:

Since upgrading to Sierra, all my scans are photo doc types versus receipts or documents.  Any way to fix this?

How are you doing the scans - not sure what you mean by the doc types.

Is this an issue with the Scanable app?

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, sail said:

Anyone else have delayed PASTING into Evernote where it looks like copy and paste isn't working and then you see 5 lines of the text you copied, pasted into the note? 

I'm still running Evernote 6.9.2 (454158) on macOS 10.11.4, but I have recently noticed a brief delay, sometimes up to 10 seconds, after a paste before I see any changes in the Note.

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, sail said:

Anyone else have delayed PASTING into Evernote where it looks like copy and paste isn't working and then you see 5 lines of the text you copied, pasted into the note? 

I have experienced this.  Evernote seems to have frozen for a brief period

If you check your acivity log, you'll see Evernote has gone into a loop on loading the note
I have Ticket# 1895717 opened for a related problem

BUG: Cut one full bulleted line from within a bulleted list, then try to Paste into another bulleted list.

EXPECTED RESULT: Cut line(s) are pasted into the second list

ACTUAL RESULT: No data is pasted at all and the only way to get your cut data back is to Undo.

I use cut/paste in lists so often that I spent the past month using Apple Notes for my day-to-day notebooks awaiting a fix.  When none came I finally took the time to downgrade (kind of a pain to do manually) today.  I still love Evernote and would prefer to continue to use it, but bugs are becoming more and more of a problem.

If you rely on editing in bulleted text I recommending holding off on this release until a fix is available.

Please don't forget what I reported earlier as well:

1. system-wide shortcut for fonts adjustment (%T) no longer works. Earlier versions short "%T" beside the "Show Fonts" command under the "Format" menu, not anymore with 6.10 betas.

2. There is no longer an empty line separating two paragraphs after using Shift-Command-F to simplify formatting. I capture a lot of online news articles and this is a command I use often. Before Evernote allows us to adjust paragraph spacing as in a word processor, I much prefer the old way (a blank line between paragraphs) than having all paragraphs cramped together. Please at least keep it as an option. Please!

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, upnix said:

First

• On an indented bullet
    • Like this one for example

If I put my cursor at the very beginning of the indented line (between the bullet and the 'L') and hit "fn+delete", the bullet will unindent. I'd expect it to delete the 'L'.

Second

On a bulleted list, if I press "Shift+Return", I get a new bulleted line. I'd expect a new line without a bullet.

this
  • Does.

Third

If a take a screenshot to my clipboard (Control+Shift+Cmd+4), then paste it into a note, the picture is 2x the original size. I can resize the picture in the editor, but only if the image is over a certain size. The dimensions don't seem totally lost, because if I annotate the image shows up in that window the right size. After annotation it will go back to being 2x the size.

Quick edit on this - I suspect this is Retina-screen related, so it might not be reproducible in VMs or non-retina Macs.

I guess that's it for reproducible "lots more bugs." Like others, I also frequently have an empty bullet created for me when I hit enter, with my cursor then placed on an unbulleted line below the empty bullet. If I use the arrow keys to try to get back to the empty bullet the cursor will skip the line. I haven't been able to reproduce this reliably however.

Also, as I think I saw mentioned here, if I'm scrolled down at all, clicking on an attachment will jump the note back up to the top. (Only if the note is in it's own window, and with a single right click it seems.)

If I remember or find more, I'll post them here.

Thanks for the details! We are aware of all of these, and they will all be fixed in the next release, with the exception of the 2x image size on paste, which may come in a follow up release.

Please let us know if there are others, thank you!

6 hours ago, bambooparadox said:

Hello Johnathan

What's about those bugs - will they be covered in the next release?

1) Bug (unable to select an empty line with Shift+Down keys)
2) Bug (unable to un-highlight, when there is a Checkbox on the beginning - sometimes)
3) Bug (last letter of inserted text sometimes disappears)

It is a pain to use the v6.10 Editor :(

I would really appreciate a new release - even if not all those bugs are resolverd.

Thanks a lot!

Yes, these should be fixed in the next release. 

10 hours ago, Helejo said:

Also noticing: cursor takes me to end of note occasionally when completing a text edit eg. hit return or other action.

When using the builtin dot bullet points (especially after 2+ indents) then sometimes on hitting return at end of bullet to create next one it will instead create two or one followed by blank line (sometimes when there's another bullet with less indents already following it) - I can't then do the usual delete/backspace to get rid of the extra unwanted line as that repeatedly doesn't work - have to instead use delete/backspace to make the previous bullet (with text in) wrap into the bullet prior to that, then hit return to recreate the bullet. Mac OSX El Capitan, EN for Mac v6.10

We are aware of this and it is fixed in internal builds, so you should see it fixed in the next release.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, EdH said:

Really? When? Beta 2 for 6.11 just came out on Feb 6.

v6.11 is still in beta

Evernote may be convinced to issue an emergency hot fix for v6.10
but generally any changes will be addressed in the 6.11 release

I was responding to @alvinpang with her post in the 6.10 discussion.
If the OP wishes to post in a release feedback discussion, they would have better results in the 6.11 discussions

v6.11 feedback is being posted in the thread below

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

Hopefully others can confirm this bug in 6.10 direct and App Store installations.

BUG REPORT: In note titles, when you type -- it normally converts to — but in the latest version(s) it does not. This is still behaving correctly in the bodies of notes at least on my installations

The latest 6.11 beta doesn't do the conversion. Typing shift-option-minuskey will do the long dash though.

Hopefully others can confirm this bug in 6.10 direct and App Store installations.

BUG REPORT: In note titles, when you type -- it normally converts to — but in the latest version(s) it does not. This is still behaving correctly in the bodies of notes at least on my installations

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, EdH said:

That isn't always valid. As for the latest GA client, that is always what is at the download location.

I don't know what you mean by "valid".

The only version available on the Evernote web site is the latest version.  If you have updated to a BETA, and did not download the current production version, then if Evernote releases a new version from the BETA that still has the bugs, you are stuck.   You can't now get to the prior production version.

So that's why I suggest you download the current production version BEFORE updating to a BETA.

1 hour ago, EdH said:

And in some cases, more than a few, the beta changes the database structure, and putting a GA over that will cause EN to report errors that the database is too new for the client, so then you have to wipe everything and do a full download of your data

This is a good point.  If you have read any of my other downgrade posts, you will see that I always include this link:
See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

It is still pretty quick to downgrade.  I will edit my above post to include this link.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

To All Users:
Before you update to a BETA version, make sure you have downloaded and saved the install file for the current production (GA) version of Evernote.  This will enable you to quickly downgrade to the production version when an issue with the BETA version occurs.

Good advice, particularily for beta versions.

All user's should have a backup plan to reverse upgrades if necessary.  Every new version seems to have user's posting "How do  I revert to the previous version"

User's should also read reviews before they upgrade.  V6.11 has some surprises 

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

The New Bugs Released in EN Mac 6.10 GA:

Downgrade to EN Mac 6.9.2

Since there are at least 17 material bugs in EN Mac 6.10, if you have updated to this version, and it has broke your workflow, then you may want to downgrade to Evernote for Mac 6.9.2 Build 454158 .
(Note:  You may need to refresh the above page several times).

See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac. 

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

To All Users:
Before you update to a BETA version, make sure you have downloaded and saved the install file for the current production (GA) version of Evernote.  This will enable you to quickly downgrade to the production version when an issue with the BETA version occurs.

That isn't always valid. As for the latest GA client, that is always what is at the download location. AFAIK, you cannot directly download a beta unless there is a link in these threads. To get the beta, you have to download the GA, check the "Beta" box, then check for updates.

And in some cases, more than a few, the beta changes the database structure, and putting a GA over that will cause EN to report errors that the database is too new for the client, so then you have to wipe everything and do a full download of your data. And that doesn't fall under the "quickly downgrade" description at all.

And honestly, because a beta is a beta, if I needed to downgrade to a GA, I'd start over anyway with a fresh download just in case. For example, if beta 3 introduces a small glitch in the database, and beta 4 fixes that, if you leave at beta 3 and install the GA, the next GA might not have the fix code since there was nothing to "fix" in the last GA or last beta.. I just never tempt fate like that.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, EdH said:

No one should be using a beta unless they are ok with a whole bunch of issues

I agree with this, and would like to emphasize your point.  
Most, if not all, EN Beta releases will contain bugs or changes that are likely to break your production workflow.

To All Users:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT:  2017-02-13  3:06 PM CT

If you decide to downgrade, then you should first remove the current version installed on your Mac.
See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, EdH said:

not told to move into the beta unless they fully understand what that implies

Good advice

No one is advising users to move into beta versions or even upgrade to new versions
We're just discussing an issue that exists in both the 6.10 and 6.11 versions

I don't think we can get Evernote to fix it in the 6.10 version.  
We might get @Chantal and team to look at it for v6.11

I'll be opening a support ticket, and I'll post in the v6.11 release discussion

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

1 hour ago, EdH said:

Really? When? Beta 2 for 6.11 just came out on Feb 6.

v6.11 is still in beta

Right. Then 6.10 isn't ancient history. No one should be using a beta unless they are ok with a whole bunch of issues. People asking for help with 6.10 should be given help on that as that is the GA client, not told to move into the beta unless they fully understand what that implies. 

Just checking. Thought I had missed a GA release.

18 hours ago, Johnathan Hebert said:

Thanks for bringing this up. Can you mention a few of the "lots more bugs" you are seeing with the editor?

First

• On an indented bullet
    • Like this one for example

If I put my cursor at the very beginning of the indented line (between the bullet and the 'L') and hit "fn+delete", the bullet will unindent. I'd expect it to delete the 'L'.

Second

On a bulleted list, if I press "Shift+Return", I get a new bulleted line. I'd expect a new line without a bullet.

this
  • Does.

Third

If a take a screenshot to my clipboard (Control+Shift+Cmd+4), then paste it into a note, the picture is 2x the original size. I can resize the picture in the editor, but only if the image is over a certain size. The dimensions don't seem totally lost, because if I annotate the image shows up in that window the right size. After annotation it will go back to being 2x the size.

Quick edit on this - I suspect this is Retina-screen related, so it might not be reproducible in VMs or non-retina Macs.

I guess that's it for reproducible "lots more bugs." Like others, I also frequently have an empty bullet created for me when I hit enter, with my cursor then placed on an unbulleted line below the empty bullet. If I use the arrow keys to try to get back to the empty bullet the cursor will skip the line. I haven't been able to reproduce this reliably however.

Also, as I think I saw mentioned here, if I'm scrolled down at all, clicking on an attachment will jump the note back up to the top. (Only if the note is in it's own window, and with a single right click it seems.)

If I remember or find more, I'll post them here.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, DTLow said:

V6.10 is ancient history, and we're on to version 6.11

Really? When? Beta 2 for 6.11 just came out on Feb 6. There was no new version on Saturday that I saw. I didn't use my Mac yesterday though. Did they release 6.11GA on Sunday? Do you have a link to the announcement thread?

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, alvinpang said:

On Evernote Mac 6.10, my note content previews are missing/not being refreshed.

V6.10 is ancient** history, and we're on to version 6.11

I'm experiencing the missing preview and took it to be a general Mac problem. I intend to open a ticket, but I'm dealing with a different preview issue first

You don't have to edit the note; just click in the note section

edited:
**ancient history: ancient is a slight exaggeration :)
v6.10 is currently the GA release, and 6.11 is in beta

On Evernote Mac 6.10, my note content previews are missing/not being refreshed.  They show up if I edit the note (e.g. adding a space or full stop) on my Mac, but not if they were edited or created on other machines (i.e. my iOS or Windows desktop).  The note title shows up but with a blank preview.

This cripples my use of Evernote Premium, since I rely on content previews to sort through notes quickly :(

• Level 5*
On 10/28/2016 at 3:41 PM, Chantal Leonard said:

Excited to announce Evernote for Mac, version 6.10 GA!

@Chantal Leonard and @EvernoteAlex:

I don't think you should be "excited".  I think you should be ashamed to have made a EN Mac production release with at least 17 material bugs!

Please make fixing these bugs your top priority for the next production (GA) release, particularly over NEW features.

The New Bugs Released in EN Mac 6.10 GA:

Created:  2016-11-22    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  Ray Sidney-Smith

Created:  2016-11-30    Clipped:  2016-11-30    Author:  upnix

Created:  2016-11-08    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  sneaky1

Created:  2016-11-08    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  bambooparadox

Created:  2016-11-06    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  DTLow

Created:  2016-11-06    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  DTLow

Created:  2016-11-05    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  santander

Created:  2016-11-02    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  gadget

Created:  2016-11-01    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  hsverin

Created:  2017-02-10    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  Ray Sidney-Smith

Created:  2016-12-21    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  URamsing

Created:  2016-12-20    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  santander

Created:  2016-12-12    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  sail

Created:  2016-12-11    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  dsblox

Created:  2016-11-17    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  ChiragC

Created:  2016-11-16    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  Helejo

Created:  2016-11-15    Clipped:  2017-02-12    Author:  GLondon

BUG REPORT: User opens a new note and edits the body and title of the note, but in the list of windows, the notes don't update, even after using the button, file menu selection, and keyboard shortcut to Sync the notes. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe this was the case in prior versions. Is anyone able to verify this?

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 14.59.01.png

9 hours ago, Extropy said:

This version has driven me away from Evernote, and I had been a fully committed premium user and advocate since 2009. Unusable for more than 1 hour at a time on mac, flaky text editing, ancient problems not syncing fully to iOS, and requirement to reinstall, with associated long resync times every time I filed a bug report.

Building reliable software that fulfills the expectations of the majority of the customer can be a challenge.
And i really do respect the developers at Evernote for their continuous effort to build a better Evernote.

Building confidence is a much harder thing to achieve ...
Loosing paying customers (those that are paying your bills) is in my opinion a sign, that you are loosing your customers confidence!!!

Please give us users any hints about what is going on with Evernote Mac.
When will we see the next release?
What will be fixed of those many bugs in the current release?

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Extropy said:

That is a shame. I am surprised this version was released back in October and no updates to fix the issues in this thread have been released, not even in the prerelease channel. :(

• Level 5*
On 2016-11-02 at 1:01 AM, lbarriocanal said:

Evernote won't open on my Mac OSX 10.9.5.

I have a message that I need OSX 10.10 for it to work.  

Wy do you alert me to download a version which doesn't  works in my computer?

What ca I do now?

How about downgrading to a version that matches your OS
edited: Note message below re v6.8 having a bug causing data loss

For  example

On 11/5/2016 at 10:19 AM, santander said:

This version is the most buggy I have seen in several releases. I am using it on Macbook Pro with 10.10. Notes opened via Spotlight search open blank page and i have to close window and do another search in Evernote to bring the note in view. I am also not able to copy text from notes with command-C. Hope you come with a new update soon.

I just noticed that I am having this issue also. I updated to Sierra this week. Is this an Evernote->Sierra compatibility issue?

Also in Sierra, up and down arrow keys have had scroll direction inverted when attempting to move around inside a PDF annotation window (perhaps this is some weird interpretation of 'natural scrolling'?) Left and right arrow keys are fine.

This version is the most buggy I have seen in several releases. I am using it on Macbook Pro with 10.10. Notes opened via Spotlight search open blank page and i have to close window and do another search in Evernote to bring the note in view. I am also not able to copy text from notes with command-C. Hope you come with a new update soon.

I still have two major issues with PDFs on macOS Sierra:

• can't edit PDF in Preview without saving copy and replacing the PDF in Evernote (I'm guessing this is some sort of sandboxing related problem, it doesn't appear to be just file permissions and Preview can't save the file even if I try and open it direct from within Preview)
  • can't select text in inline PDFs in Evernote

The first one is a very major issue for the way I use Evernote.

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, DTLow said:

How about downgrading to a version that matches your OS

For  example

Bad example.  The big EN Mac bug that can cause loss of attachments started with Ver 6.8 (started in July 2016).

@lbarriocanal, you need to be careful about which older version you select to downgrade to.

If you're running macOS 10.10+, you do NOT want to use any EN Mac ver prior to 6.9.2.

But since you are on macOS 10.9.5, you will need a version prior to 6.8.
This looks like a good candidate to me:

12 hours ago, lbarriocanal said:

Wy [Why] do you alert me to download a version which doesn't  works in my computer?

I agree, this should NOT happen.  The EN Mac app can determine the macOS, and offer ONLY a version that is compatible with that OS.

• Level 5*
On 2016-10-28 at 1:41 PM, Chantal Leonard said:

We're separately working on addressing the annotation issues folks have identified with Sierra - stay tuned for some improvements shortly.

As per @JMichaelTX, It would be better if you provide more details on this
There are a list of issues, and we're not sure if we should add posts for them.

Since the update to 6.10 yesterday Evernote crashes on me when using integrated PDF highlighting / annotation. Need to kill the whole evernote process in activity monitor. OS X El Captitan 10.11.6. 

Is there a supported way to go back to the previous Version until this is fixed ?

• Level 5*
On 10/28/2016 at 3:41 PM, Chantal Leonard said:

We've addressed most of the issues the Beta community was able to help us identify.

Could you please list the issues identified in the 6.10 Beta (and prior betas) that have NOT been fixed?

We need this info so that we can have confidence in making the update from the prior Production Release (6.9.2).

Thanks.

In this version, 6.10 (454267 direct), all notes created or modified on another device and which only contain text appear with a blank preview for me after they've finished downloading. A text preview will only show up once they've been modified locally. I get this on both of my macs.

1 hour ago, RBeadle said:

I noticed that with this release 6.10 (running on OS 10.11.6) that the LinkedIn "view profile" links in all my business card notes have been disabled. When I click on the link, it goes into edit mode. See attached image.Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 3.31.06 PM.png

Thanks for reporting, we'll look into this one.

I noticed that with this release 6.10 (running on OS 10.11.6) that the LinkedIn "view profile" links in all my business card notes have been disabled. When I click on the link, it goes into edit mode. See attached image.Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 3.31.06 PM.png

2 hours ago, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

The user explained trying both shift-apple-[ and the top menu option to decrease indent level, and neither worked in 6.10. I couldn't replicate this because I don't have a OS X 10.11.x machine on hand. Thanks.

Thank you, we can reproduce this. We'll get it fixed.

Also noticing: cursor takes me to end of note occasionally when completing a text edit eg. hit return or other action.

When using the builtin dot bullet points (especially after 2+ indents) then sometimes on hitting return at end of bullet to create next one it will instead create two or one followed by blank line (sometimes when there's another bullet with less indents already following it) - I can't then do the usual delete/backspace to get rid of the extra unwanted line as that repeatedly doesn't work - have to instead use delete/backspace to make the previous bullet (with text in) wrap into the bullet prior to that, then hit return to recreate the bullet. Mac OSX El Capitan, EN for Mac v6.10

5 hours ago, upnix said:

I keep coming here to check in on things, but thought I might post this time.

Evernote, feel free to push the next release into beta early! I've felt that the releases lately have been great, and much more polished than the frequent releases of long past. However, having said that, text editing in 6.10 is painful. I've sent my bugs to Evernote support (all of which they said were known), and I see lots more here. The idea of being stuck with this release for much longer is an awful thought.

For whatever that's worth. Thanks!

Thanks for bringing this up. Can you mention a few of the "lots more bugs" you are seeing with the editor?

I keep coming here to check in on things, but thought I might post this time.

Evernote, feel free to push the next release into beta early! I've felt that the releases lately have been great, and much more polished than the frequent releases of long past. However, having said that, text editing in 6.10 is painful. I've sent my bugs to Evernote support (all of which they said were known), and I see lots more here. The idea of being stuck with this release for much longer is an awful thought.

For whatever that's worth. Thanks!

On 11/22/2016 at 3:10 PM, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

Bug report: Shift + up-arrow and Shift + down-arrow on a blank line no longer selects the line as it has done in all prior versions in recent history. This was recently reported by a user to me and I'm able to reproduce it consistently.

Almost same here: for me the Shift + down-arrow no longer works on a blank line and the Shift + up-arrow does not work just before a blank line at the start of the sentence. This is functionality I use A LOT to change formatting or indent bullet items. 

I am not sure if this is a new issue in this Mac Version (Version 6.10 (454267 Direct)), but when I right-click on a hyper-link in a note and click on 'Open Link', Evernote does nothing. When I left-click on the hyper-link, it opens up as expected. Anyone else facing this specific issue?

Since upgrading to v6.10 I keep getting crashing and hanging and using excess % CPU  - and when I try to cut & paste text from one place to another it often fails … thus also losing the valuable cut text I wanted to preserve.

Finding 6.10 more buggy than previous versions, a number of elements already listed in this stream.

1. cannot save edited PDFs
  2. cannot select text and Make Plain Text without all attachments in note being erased - used to apply to just the highlighted area
  3. similarly, Simply Formatting as some unintended consequences on areas not highlighted
  4. attempting to reformat headers created when merging notes is more difficult than it was before - similar to above two points, selecting text and frames somehow not working properly
  5. cannot double-click to open an Office attachment - Evernote just scrolls to the top of the note window - I have to right click and select open 
  6. notes with attachments created on another device appearing as blank notes until edited on the viewing device.

Cumulative effect is to make it quite an awkward experience.  A lot of my workflow is simply suspended until these issues are resolved.

Hi 

A user is facing issues with images being mirrored once after he has captured them in Evernote. He's using MAC Sierra and running Evernote 6.10...system reboot hasnt worked for him. Could it be a bug? I don't have access to a machine running Sierra so I can't re run it...

Comments/ support/work around it are appreciated. 

Thanks

Aisha A

11 hours ago, Johnathan Hebert said:

Hello Johnathan

What's about those bugs - will they be covered in the next release?

On 8.11.2016 at 3:50 PM, bambooparadox said:

Lots of new Editor bugs, e.g.:

2) Bug (unable to un-highlight, when there is a Checkbox on the beginning - sometimes)

It is a pain to use the v6.10 Editor :(

I would really appreciate a new release - even if not all those bugs are resolverd.

Thanks a lot!

14 hours ago, Johnathan Hebert said:

Interesting. Do you mean that you are unable to outdent? The toolbar button doesn't work? Or the keyboard shortcut doesnt' work?

The user explained trying both shift-apple-[ and the top menu option to decrease indent level, and neither worked in 6.10. I couldn't replicate this because I don't have a OS X 10.11.x machine on hand. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

I have a user reporting loss of outdenting (decrease indent level) for pre-existing notes when upgrading to 6.10 (OSX 10.11.6 MacBookPro11,3 ). Is anyone else experiencing this? Many thanks.

Interesting. Do you mean that you are unable to outdent? The toolbar button doesn't work? Or the keyboard shortcut doesnt' work?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, BryanW said:

No, I am having the issue where I can't edit a PDF in Preview and then save it back to Evernote. This is a major part of my Evernote usage workflow.

On 11/6/2016 at 4:51 PM, Johnathan Hebert said:

Are you having the copy issue?

No, I am having the issue where I can't edit a PDF in Preview and then save it back to Evernote. This is a major part of my Evernote usage workflow.

On 5.11.2016 at 3:19 PM, santander said:

Unfortunately i do have to agree with you :(
Very unhappy with this release (should not be a GA-release)

Lots of new Editor bugs, e.g.:

2) Bug (unable to un-highlight, when there is a Checkbox on the beginning)
  • Level 5*

I've opened ticket #1895726 for the issue on selecting text in a pdf attachment

The pdf is displayed inline ok, but the text can not be selected. 
I have to open the test in an external application (Adobe Reader) to select the text

• Level 5*

I've opened ticket  #1895717 on the blank note issueScreen Shot 2016-11-06 at 1.57.02 PM.png

A note displays as blank even though there's content
I've had it happen in various settings, including Spotlight Search

Archived