Chantal Leonard

Evernote for Mac 6.10 GA Released

Idea

Hi folks,

Excited to announce Evernote for Mac, version 6.10 GA! You can download it here.

This GA builds on the work from the previous Betas where we’ve announced significant under the hood work on the note editor. We've addressed most of the issues the Beta community was able to help us identify. We're separately working on addressing the annotation issues folks have identified with Sierra - stay tuned for some improvements shortly.

Thanks,

Chantal, Alex and the rest of the Mac and Note Editor teams!

Evernote for Mac 6.10 Release Notes

New:

• Important under the hood changes to the note editing experience lay the groundwork for even more improvements in the future.

Fixed:

• Select functionality and crash issues.
  • Like 2

81 replies to this idea

JMichaelTX    3,604
16 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

The New Bugs Released in EN Mac 6.10 GA:

Downgrade to EN Mac 6.9.2

Since there are at least 17 material bugs in EN Mac 6.10, if you have updated to this version, and it has broke your workflow, then you may want to downgrade to Evernote for Mac 6.9.2 Build 454158 .
(Note:  You may need to refresh the above page several times).

See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac. 

DTLow    2,238
4 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

To All Users:
Before you update to a BETA version, make sure you have downloaded and saved the install file for the current production (GA) version of Evernote.  This will enable you to quickly downgrade to the production version when an issue with the BETA version occurs.

Good advice, particularily for beta versions.

All user's should have a backup plan to reverse upgrades if necessary.  Every new version seems to have user's posting "How do  I revert to the previous version"

User's should also read reviews before they upgrade.  V6.11 has some surprises 

JMichaelTX    3,604
1 hour ago, EdH said:

That isn't always valid. As for the latest GA client, that is always what is at the download location.

I don't know what you mean by "valid".

The only version available on the Evernote web site is the latest version.  If you have updated to a BETA, and did not download the current production version, then if Evernote releases a new version from the BETA that still has the bugs, you are stuck.   You can't now get to the prior production version.

So that's why I suggest you download the current production version BEFORE updating to a BETA.

1 hour ago, EdH said:

And in some cases, more than a few, the beta changes the database structure, and putting a GA over that will cause EN to report errors that the database is too new for the client, so then you have to wipe everything and do a full download of your data

This is a good point.  If you have read any of my other downgrade posts, you will see that I always include this link:
See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

It is still pretty quick to downgrade.  I will edit my above post to include this link.

• Like 1

miramar    0

Hi, Evernote 6.10 is crashing on launch on my MacBook Pro running Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.4 beta. Any ideas?

I've also tried 6.11 Beta 1 and Beta 2 and same crash occurs.

Thanks

Hopefully others can confirm this bug in 6.10 direct and App Store installations.

BUG REPORT: In note titles, when you type -- it normally converts to — but in the latest version(s) it does not. This is still behaving correctly in the bodies of notes at least on my installations

EdH    1,053
30 minutes ago, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

Hopefully others can confirm this bug in 6.10 direct and App Store installations.

BUG REPORT: In note titles, when you type -- it normally converts to — but in the latest version(s) it does not. This is still behaving correctly in the bodies of notes at least on my installations

The latest 6.11 beta doesn't do the conversion. Typing shift-option-minuskey will do the long dash though.

• Like 1