hyperlinks in saved notes not working

As part of research, I routinely create pdf files from browser windows that contain HTML links to web pages. Those links work correctly when the pdf file is opened using any version of Acrobat Reader. When I save that pdf file as a Note in Evernote, the HTML links do not work within the Evernote Note. If I download the pdf file back to the Desktop, the HTML links work correctly. A typical .pdf file is attached.

Any ideas why the links do not work within a Note?

Thanks

UDI_21CFR_eCFR_search_results.pdf

• Level 5*

Hi.  I have a lot of PDF files,  but I can't remember whether I've ever tried to jump directly to a linked URL from within the PDF reader.  A work-around could be to use the Google Drive integration and save the PDF file externally,  or to save the URLs alongside the PDF in the same note.  Don't know whether or why the links wouldn't work though.  If it's an issue for you I'd suggest you contact support directly if you can,  or message them on Twitter

Meantime if this is a mobile device issue,  try uninstall / restart / reinstall to check it's not a glitch.

• Level 5*
On 2016-10-28 at 6:22 AM, coastalcg said:

As part of research, I routinely create pdf files from browser windows that contain HTML links to web pages. Those links work correctly when the pdf file is opened using any version of Acrobat Reader. When I save that pdf file as a Note in Evernote, the HTML links do not work within the Evernote Note. If I download the pdf file back to the Desktop, the HTML links work correctly. A typical .pdf file is attached.

Which platform?

You say you're storing the pdf file as a note.  
I stored the PDF file as an attachment to a note.  

The links worked on my ipad using the Evernote viewer.
The links did not work viewing inline on my Mac.  
- I had to open with Acrobat to use the links
- The Mac inline viewer also does not allow text to be selected
I think this was broken by the OS Sierra upgrade

• Level 5*
On 10/28/2016 at 6:22 AM, coastalcg said:

My guess would be when looking at the PDF in line in EN it is simple text, good for viewing or copying, not for linking.  If you open the PDF from the note the links work.

On 10/28/2016 at 6:22 AM, coastalcg said:

If I download the pdf file back to the Desktop, the HTML links work correctly.

What are you looking at on the desktop?

Archived