Uygar OZ

Sending Mail After Scanning Business Cards

Idea

I have noticed that Evernote automatically sends mail to mail address on the business cars after scanning.

Is there a way to deactivate/cancel sending automatic mails after scanning Business Cards?

I really do not want it to send mails after scan.

Thanks

Uygar

5 replies to this idea

Hi.  Evernote should not be sending emails to anyone unless you specifically ask that it do so. How do you know that emails have been sent?  Have you seen a copy of an email?

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed it during a meeting with one of our customer in his office.

After scanning his business card, he reveived a mail from me. and I have also seen that mail.

My contact details and linkedin profile was in that mail.

( I have connected evernote to Lindkedin )

Hmmn.  See also

When Evernote scans a business card and finds a LinkedIn connection it automatically send the LinkedIn standard connection invitation from your account.  There's no way that I'm aware of to change that process,  unless you disconnect your Evernote account from LinkedIn to prevent the connection being made.

• Like 1

Ok, so that answers it then. It doesn't ask to connect on Linkedin because it automatically does. That's not so good. But I actually manually offered to connect with each person and only after I did it manually did I see that people accepted it. 

• Like 2